Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:10am - Mar 31,06 
Are there any other good creeks that I could fish for salmon/trout and will be open for fishing?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:17am - Mar 31,06 
philip wrote:
Are there any other good creeks that I could fish for salmon/trout and will be open for fishing?
Not sure I only fished trail, I know Salt Creek is good but Im not sure if that falls into the "closed fishing area"....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:42am - Mar 31,06 
Great post Joe! The creek looks in good shape. Didn't know about the closings :shock: Thanks for the info!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:10pm - Mar 31,06 
DANCES WITH FISH wrote:
Great post Joe! The creek looks in good shape. Didn't know about the closings :shock: Thanks for the info!
Thanks
Yeah I just found out recently.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:47am - May 10,06 
i believe you can fish the trail still as long as you stay on the south side of 35and if your using the access point off of 20 that shouldnt be a problem the red line i drew is where the it says you cannot fish and the green is the rest of the creek

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:02am - May 10,06 
ofeddie wrote:
i believe you can fish the trail still as long as you stay on the south side of 35and if your using the access point off of 20 that shouldnt be a problem the red line i drew is where the it says you cannot fish and the green is the rest of the creek
Thanks alot for the info, Ive been thinkin about it alot and wanna go back, I wish I was more familar with the area.

Has there been any reports on the "legal" spots on the Creek. I wonder if the fish are still holdin.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:10am - May 10,06 
oh yes they are there. inline spinners with flor. orange blades. i think im going to go there today. if anyone goes today and sees a guy in a white hoodie and a "booyah" hat say hi

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:59pm - May 10,06 
I don't have much experience fishing for trout, the question that is most important to me is when would be the best times of the day to target them and can they be caught at noon on a sunny day?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:49am - May 11,06 
JoeGT38 wrote:
philip wrote:
Not sure I only fished trail, I know Salt Creek is good but Im not sure if that falls into the "closed fishing area"....

salt creek doesnt close but i hear it doesnt get the salmon holding in it as much as the trail this time of year

i fished trail yesterday and today caught one smolt, had a few big guys follow but not grab and saw maybe 50 big guys when i walked north a little bit, i have no salmon-trout expirence and even if one of the big ones would have bit today im sure i would have lost it as they were all crusing around the ugliest looking log jams anyone has ever seen. yesterday however i hooked into a beast of a steelhead who made me his bitch before wrapping my line around a tree 150ft down stream. one of these days im going to get one.

if anyone ever has a wendsday or thursday off and wants to fish just name the place and im there

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:25pm - May 11,06 
ofeddie wrote:
JoeGT38 wrote:
philip wrote:

salt creek doesnt close but i hear it doesnt get the salmon holding in it as much as the trail this time of year

i fished trail yesterday and today caught one smolt, had a few big guys follow but not grab and saw maybe 50 big guys when i walked north a little bit, i have no salmon-trout expirence and even if one of the big ones would have bit today im sure i would have lost it as they were all crusing around the ugliest looking log jams anyone has ever seen. yesterday however i hooked into a beast of a steelhead who made me his bitch before wrapping my line around a tree 150ft down stream. one of these days im going to get one.

if anyone ever has a wendsday or thursday off and wants to fish just name the place and im there
I uaually do pretty good when I fish the creeks so far never got skunked.... Id love to head out there again soon, to bad its suppost to rain into next week and Im not off wed. or thur. but I can always take off. Lets hope the rain takes a break sooner then later..

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Rivers » Creeks, Streams, Ditches
Jump to: