Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:08am - Mar 23,06 
I am new to Illinois river fishign and i was wondering if anyone could help me find some hot spots for smallmouth along the dupage river... its basically my back yard

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:40pm - Mar 23,06 
Where on the dupage are you?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:16pm - Mar 24,06 
I would say start out at Knoch Knolls Park near Washington and Ring Roads. From there you can wade up or down. I prefer to wade upstream from there since it is rockier and there is less eelgrass (in the summer). If you go far enough downstream (half a mile or so) the river takes a hard left turn. There are some wing dam sort of structures and the river gets a little bit deeper. That spot always has a few smallies and other fish there. In the summer it is hard to beat a zara puppy on rainy or cloudy days. If the sun is high in the sky you can catch them on 3" grubs, small jigs, tubes, and other small plastic baits. PM me if you want a few less "visited" spots.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:34pm - Mar 24,06 
The best thing to do is just get out there and familiarize yourself with the river... that whole river is a hot spot for smallies from Naperville through Shorewood.

Right now just concentrate on small 3 to 4" plastics along the bottom. They aren't going to hit anything much bigger than that at this point. When the water reaches the 45 to 50 degree mark (within weeks), that is when it will really start to pickup.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:18am - Apr 8,06 
Just be careful if you are fishing in one of the preserves. You aren't suppose to wade in them. But at the same time i've been knee deep and DNR just asked to see my licsence. If you can find a hole deeper than your knees you can bet it has fish in it. Lots of luck.

Board index » Rivers » Dupage
Jump to: