Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:46pm - Sep 2,03 
Launched out of Alsip...my partner for the day cancelled again so I hit the river as usual-decided to run south. Stopped @ the lighthouse and caught 2- 13" largemouth from the first waterfall on a 1/4 oz rattletrap. Ran all the way to Ashland. No boat traffic in the morn. Started working the main river junk, (and I do mean junk) about five casts produced first 15" keeper. Real healthy looking considering where I was. Noticed they bulit a wall on my favorite shore...oh well. Went into the cut by Loomis and had a ball. Nothing in the first third of it but then it got crazy. I was pitching a 2" custom painted shad colored bait up to the shore (blue/hologram) cranking it back real slow and they were blasting it. Bigger fish in the back of the cut. Tried some pitching but only caught shorts. Probably put together 10 lbs back in there, without really trying. Left around 12:00 and ran the 30 miles back in the rain. Plenty of boat traffic then!!! I know there are some 3's back there!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:19am - Sep 3,03 
Mike,

Sounds like a good day on the water. I wish I would have been there. Soon is all I can say for being back on the water, I can bet it will be a suprise when I come back. Best of luck if your going to Sturgeon, talk at you soon....

Tom

Profile WWW  

Board index » Rivers » Around Chitown
Jump to: