Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:23am - Nov 24,10 
team danjer wrote:
Russ, If your'e on the Joe don't overlook their walleye population. Years ago we used to trolll bomber mod. 5A's above the hiway bridge in summer & fall and just kill the eye's. Limits were common.

I have to confess my desire to fish for walleyes has deminshed with the great steelhead action on the Joe. Thousands of chrome missles (between seven and 15 pounds - some bigger) start pouring into the Joe in October and can be caught through March. Steelhead just may be the best fighting fish we have in fresh water (like a smallmouth bass on steroids). Don't get me wrong, I love fishing and catching anything that swims, but given the choice - you'll understand where my passion has placed.

After perch, walleyes are the 2nd best fish for taste (IMO).

My moto is,... " fish for what you got available and enjoy the time on/in the water with family & friends."

If I still lived near the Fox, I'd be lurking for walleyes right with you guys (occassionally cleaning my waders out after a rouge muskie freaks you out and swims between your legs).

Enjoy the season my friends and hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving (praise the Lord for His bountiful supply)!

Russ

Last edited by Razzo on 09:29am - Nov 24,10, edited 1 time in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:29am - Nov 24,10 
Duplicate - please delete.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:29am - Nov 27,10 
I was thinking of giving it a try today. I know in the spring white has always been good for me. What colors on the jig and what colors on the cranks do you guys suggest. Thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: