Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:11pm - Nov 4,10 
Finally got out to the Joe. Took good ole Denny Duck we had a blast and took a couple of fish to boot. First I have to say it's low and one should be careful moving around. Blasting down the river could prove hazardous to your boat. It is fishable and there is still plenty of water one can cover. We went 2 for 5 and couple of drive-byes thrown in. Steelies fresh from the lake. We fished hot n tots only. I'll try to add a pic or two later.
water temp 46, river clear
leaves mostly gone.
cdx

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:57pm - Nov 4,10 
wow talk about fun and a major learning experience that was big dawg! its always nice to fish guided trips when someone else is the guide.thanks for all your work bill! the way you hunt them steelies was like going to a pristine fishery out west. with the guide holding the boat just so. i see you really put a lot of thought in on how you work it, that explains you high success ratio on the fish you catch there. i just cant fiqure how you can run the boat all day and not take a turn at the rods at all? hey im not complaining those fish were wild!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the last fish we took for the day was out of the water at least 5 times. hurry up and post those pictures i need a new avatar. and once again wild bill thanks for a great day :allah :respect
duck

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:06pm - Nov 4,10 
I am glad to see a post. I heard through my buddy that things were starting to heat up & I glad to see this confirmation. I'll keep an eye on the weather and try probably Sunday afternoon & Monday. Up river from the interstate to the dam or through out the river?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:44pm - Nov 4,10 
We fished mid-river. Like the solitude and lack of boat pressure there. I feel there are steelies throughout the river right now. Hopefully more will come in.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Cook County, DuPage County, Grundy County, Kane County, Will County

Post Posted: 06:58pm - Nov 4,10 
I live right across the street from JJC, if your ever looking for someone to go with. Good job on getting it done out there, never fished it but seems like you guys had a good time.

"I make my own Stinkbait"

"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead)
will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:05am - Nov 5,10 
Got your pic. I don't take a turn at the rods because who would run the boat? It took years of trial and error to be able to steer the boat backwards, lots of lost lures for sure. Maybe after you master the rods 'we'll give it a go'. You have much to learn grasshopper and so you shall. cdx

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:28am - Nov 5,10 
I'm with you CDXDOG the dam area especially when the river is really up and boats and the shore anglers are in combat fishing mode limit my fishing enjoyment. If you see the DNR creel survey guys at the launch they are a great scource to point you in the right direction. This spring I had been fishing mostly downstrem of 94. I saw a DNR guy real tall think his name is Don a couple of times before I took the time to talk with him. I was enjoying my fishing on the river but doing most of my catching on lake. Spring 2010 he said there wasn't a fill in on the lower strech. First wave came early and success was well above 94 according to him. That was spring and this is fall so I'm happy to hear you say fish throughout thanks

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 11:36am - Nov 5,10 
Good trip guys. I was waiting for the picture. That's a couple of great Steelies, especially considering the size of that fella holding 'em!! :D

And yes CDXdog- I can imagine how difficult it is to master the art of boat control in that kind of fishing. That river fishing lives up all the hype everyone gives it. :respect

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:07pm - Nov 6,10 
Nice steel!!! :)

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 05:33am - Nov 7,10 
Very nice looking fish. Gotta love learning new waters and the fish that call them home. That DD fellow sure is getting around a lot lately, with all the new waters added to his memory banks he's got a tight grip on that master angler title along with the Dog. :winker

Board index » Rivers » Creeks, Streams, Ditches
Jump to: