Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:14pm - Sep 6,10 
Travel with the boys took us through Indiana over the weekend, so we made a quick stop at Trail to see what the conditions were like. Creek looked perfect with good flow and clarity of about one foot. So good that I let the boys wet a line for a bit. Not much movement at all, but the usual holes were holding plenty of steelies and a few coho, didn't see any Kings. 1 for 2 on Black Wooly Buggers drifted clean with no float or weight, tipped with a creek side caught grasshopper. AJ 0 for 1. Tommy 1 for 1. Fished for 45 minutes.

Seems like yesterday they were this small and fishing there.

I haven't fished the creeks in about 2 years, but not much has changed. A few new dead falls, but the usual holes are still the usual holes. Stopped at the bait shop on 249 and 20, and was very happy to see he is still in business and Rusty can still make it to the counter to say hi and get a scratch behind the ears at 13 years old. DOn't think it will be long and the KIngs and Coho will be in full swing.

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 05:24am - Sep 7,10 
Nice fish Tom, it's always more rewarding catching fish on bait that is had nearby.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:15am - Sep 7,10 
Very nice Tom, can't wait 'til Hunter is old enough to throw a line out. Must be very rewarding to see your boys following in your footsteps out on the creeks. Way to go!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:20am - Sep 7,10 
Very cool Tom! The fishing should only get better, right?

Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 10:20am - Sep 7,10 
Thanks for sharing, Tom!! Boy's are definitely getting big! Are they playing football? Tell me that's their team name painted on the back of your vechicle, and not your new NFL team? :doh ...... :lol:

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 01:47pm - Sep 7,10 
Chas E. wrote:
Thanks for sharing, Tom!! Boy's are definitely getting big! Are they playing football? Tell me that's their team name painted on the back of your vechicle, and not your new NFL team? :doh ...... :lol:

Yes, the Saints are the travel team they play for and they play for thier middle school also. 7 practices a week and two games each week explains why I don't have time for anything anymore. :crazy It's well worth it though.

DWF, it is only going to get better from here. Cooler water temps will make the fish more active, and when the kings get in there, they will keep the steelies moving in the holes making them easier to pick out and target.

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:25pm - Sep 7,10 
great pics....and busy kids are good kids...especially when they love to fish in their rare spare time...congats!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:51am - Sep 8,10 
Awesome.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:14pm - Sep 14,10 
Nice post Tom. Your boys are getting big! Been a busy year for us too. Just made our first of many trips to my daughter's college in Pensacola, FL. Not much fishing this year for me. Hope to change that soon.

Salmon should be in there soon. They are in the Northen MI rivers. Not really in the Joe yet (Joe was petty warm though). I would imagine Trail might be a little ahead of the Joe this year? Never know.

Take care,
Russ

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:33pm - Sep 14,10 
The steelies are in there pretty good already Russ. I would have to guess that the rain that is supposed to hit Wednesday or Thursday is going to get the first push of Kings for the Joe and all the Indiana creeks.

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:57am - Sep 15,10 
Tom wrote:
The steelies are in there pretty good already Russ. I would have to guess that the rain that is supposed to hit Wednesday or Thursday is going to get the first push of Kings for the Joe and all the Indiana creeks.

Thanks Tom. My attention is focused on the Joe for now. Good luck to all on the IN creeks.

Russ

Board index » Rivers » Creeks, Streams, Ditches
Jump to: