Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:11pm - Aug 15,10 
Fished the Mazon this morning getting on the water around 6am; parked on White Tie Rd on the river side right next to the trail leading to the spillway (which as far as I know has no "No Trespassing". I got done fishing and came back to my car about noon to find a flat tire. I couldn't find a puncture until I got home (driving on a spare). When I got home I filled up the tire to find about a clean gash about 1" long in the sidewall that looks suspiciously like a small knife puncture. Now I have just heard about happening to people parking at other areas and I have fished here a few times now with no problems until today. WTF is wrong with people that think its they own a river and nobody else should be able enjoy it. Now I understand that there are A-holes out there that leave trash where they fish but that does not give anyone the right to damage someone elses property. I thought about calling the Sheriff but did not for 2 reasons; first I thought someone let the air out at first because I could not see the puncture until I filled the tire and second is could or would they really do anything about it? The answer the way I see it is no.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:23pm - Aug 15,10 
Sorry about your misfortune. Those are 2 poor reasons why not to call the police. It is never too late to call and make the Police aware of vandals or thieves. If you don't care....O'well !!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:58pm - Aug 15,10 
Yeah I really wish I would have called but just wasnt sure what the deal was until I found the gash after getting home and filling up the tire. When we were changing the tire I checked it and didnt see any holes; figured someone was being a jerk and maybe let the air out. Wondering now if its too late to call tomorrow?

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:32pm - Aug 15,10 
It's never too late to make the local police aware of whats happening in their juristiction. Give them a call and let them know why you waited till you got home. You thought you had a flat. I hate idiots that damage or steal others property. I am a firm beleiver that they will get what they got coming to them some day. :wink:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:15pm - Aug 16,10 
IMHO, you should call it in. If nothing else it will reflect on the incident reports for that area.
it's sure not the police or dNR doing it. They would ticket and get a big fine. It's some local A hole who thinks he owns the spot or some immature teens.

VIETNAM VETERAN U.S.A.F. 66-67

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 11:55pm - Aug 16,10 
I agree, at least call it in so they are aware for the next time when hopefully someone is caught.

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:56am - Aug 17,10 
I called the Grundy County Sheriff yesterday and have to go back down to file a report. Im headed to Phoenix for the weekend so have to try to make it down there before Thursday but I am going to file a report.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:57pm - Aug 24,10 
macrackus wrote:
I called the Grundy County Sheriff yesterday and have to go back down to file a report. Im headed to Phoenix for the weekend so have to try to make it down there before Thursday but I am going to file a report.

Sorry about the damage. Glad you called it in. It gives the police a chance to see if there is a pattern. These kind of idiots usually make a habbit of damaging others property and they can become predictable. We had some vandals damaging new contruction housing and we neighbors began to put a lot of clues together. Eventually, they ended up getting busted (and in my front yard). Ha ha ha. Got to watch them get laid out on my lawn.

Always report them :winker

Board index » Rivers » Creeks, Streams, Ditches
Jump to: