Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:15am - May 30,10 
Just got back from a short 3 day trip to Chippewa Flowage. I never fished it before and have always heard walleye can be tough there. My buddy Ken and I had a great trip, we caught about 10 eyes each day,, nothing huge but several 21" and a 23". We also caught a lot of really nice crappie, smallmouth, largemouth, perch, and the northerns kept the action consistant even during the heat of the day.
We caught and released all fish except a couple of 18" eyes and some crappie, that got released in a hot pan of grease.

I was impressed with the fishery. Fishing mostly weedbeds next to deep water, casting beetle spins,, yes I said beetle spins,, my buddies 88 year old neighbor took a break form chopping wood and recommemded modifying them with a bright orange colorado blade, that really made the difference.
Anybody needs some more info, pm me.

Side note: I would make sure you get a nav chip for this lake, There are a lot of prop grabbers in the lake and its down about 2.5 feet from normal.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:09pm - May 31,10 
Cool, I just got back from the east of u near eagle river. There drought is 37 inch below normal ouch. Theres lakes up there that are drying up quick. Beetle spins r a all time classic this time of year. Where i was, spring was on its roll. Water Bugs everywhere. Soon it will be mayfly time.

Board index » Species Specific » Walleye ~ Sauger
Jump to: