Post Posted: 07:42am - May 17,10 
http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010 ... dlife.html

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:31am - May 17,10 
Qoutes from the article

Quote:
Police Sgt. Randy Endean says officers and fire officials followed the bubbles to their source. There, he says they found two people putting substances into the water.

Quote:
Police have questioned the two people. The case has been turned over to conservation police from the state's Department of Natural Resources. No charges had been filed Sunday.

The real shame is that they should be sitting in a cell until charges are filed.

Two people are caught in the act of dumping and they are just questioned??? :cuss :cuss :cuss

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:45am - May 17,10 
Exactly Mike.

There is a serious need to make crimes like this more severe. They need more than a fine, they need some jail time.

Profile WWW  

Environmentally Friendly Chitown Angler

Post Posted: 08:53am - May 17,10 
Yikes ....I am going out to see if it has affected out by us. Thanks for bringing this to our attention Travis.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:00am - May 17,10 
Quote:
There is a serious need to make crimes like this more severe. They need more than a fine, they need some jail time.

OR

spend a year in the bowls of a galley rowing for a guy that likes to waterski!! :winker

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:45am - May 17,10 
They should be shot. :gun Our rivers are NOT sewers!!!!!! :furious :furious :furious

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:38pm - May 17,10 
Since I can't kick the idiots who did the dumping I'll just kick this one back to the top. Anyone have any up to date info.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:45pm - May 17,10 
It should be as simple as making these guys drink the exact same stuff they poured in the river.

I don't know if turning it over to the conservation police is a good thing? Do these guys do anything. Only time they get out of bed to do anything seems like it has to be a perfect 75 degree day with no wind.

I was on the chain this weekend and it was no wake and these guys are checking my license while boats are flying by left and right. They don't have a clue.............ice fishing is even worse. They never check licenses and all they do is sit in their trucks to keep warm and then find the lake with the shortest walk.......

Ok, enough about them. Lets put these river monsters behind some bars. Or let me snag them in the neck with a bucktail....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:50pm - May 17,10 
I burns me that "they" didn't say what the chemicals are! I'm just guessing we won't see a follow up story in the news so hopefully someone here knows the DNR or EPA that is doing the follow up.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:17pm - May 17,10 
IceJigger wrote:
It should be as simple as making these guys drink the exact same stuff they poured in the river.

I don't know if turning it over to the conservation police is a good thing? Do these guys do anything. Only time they get out of bed to do anything seems like it has to be a perfect 75 degree day with no wind.

I was on the chain this weekend and it was no wake and these guys are checking my license while boats are flying by left and right. They don't have a clue.............ice fishing is even worse. They never check licenses and all they do is sit in their trucks to keep warm and then find the lake with the shortest walk.......

Ok, enough about them. Lets put these river monsters behind some bars. Or let me snag them in the neck with a bucktail....

Well that painting with a pretty broad brush. I have been checked many times and have seen others getting popped quite often. I would even go so far as to say we have made calls and have CP show up and put some jewlery on guys and take them away.

Ever see some fly by a cop when they are giving a ticket, they just keep writing.

Give them a break IceJigger, there's good and bad in every group.

Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 07:42pm - May 17,10 
IceJigger wrote:

They don't have a clue.............ice fishing is even worse. They never check licenses and all they do is sit in their trucks to keep warm and then find the lake with the shortest walk.......

I have to agree with Marc on this one.
Marc wrote:
Well that painting with a pretty broad brush. I have been checked many times and have seen others getting popped quite often.

They are out there and they do care. They're just "thinned out" on account of state cut backs.

Here's a pic from less then three months ago....

It wasn't easy walking or warm out that morning, and the officer had no problem treking out, to check for my license & devices. The problem is these guys can only be in one place at a time.

Very unfortunate about the Fox river dumping!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:44pm - May 17,10 
Geez....these guys need to be locked up...and throw away the key!!! Here I am out picking up trash whenever i go out and all the efforts i made are nullified 1,000,000X over in a few minutes!!! What a pair of idiots!!! Bet they were paid to "dispose of it AHEM...properly!!!

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:45pm - May 18,10 
A little more info

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=381629&src=109

Environmentally Friendly Chitown Angler

Post Posted: 04:31am - May 19,10 
Thank you for posting this. I have been trying to catch it on news but never found it. I really hope they make an example and severely punish all that were involved.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:06am - May 19,10 
Here's the latest: Fox River Chemical Dumping

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:18am - May 19,10 
Still no charges against the 2 dumpers and the company. I cannot believe it. They were illegally dumping acids into a sewer. I am shocked by this. It's not rocket science, it's more a matter of common sense. They should be held behind bars pending trial. This is environmental terrorism.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 06:35am - May 19,10 
I agree with behind bars.
The delay in charges may be due to the authorities looking at what charges and who brings the charges to get the most bang.
My hope is that those charges require an extreme bend over.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:53am - May 19,10 
Most likely if the company is involved they'll get hit real hard. They'll probably wait to get them IF they are at fault.

Profile WWW  

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 11:02am - May 19,10 
Criminal EPA violations are felonies. I hope those guys go to (to quote one of my favorite movies) "Federal Pound-me-in-the-butt Prison"

:noway

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:17am - May 21,10 
Looks like they got em.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2010 ... -down.html

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/cour ... 21.article

Profile WWW  
Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: