Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:44pm - Apr 13,10 
So My day started off with me being so so proud and so so annoyed at the same time, at Four this morining my 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter were jumping on my bed yelling daddy afishing we a go, daddy afishing we ago, so after breaking there hearts and sending them back to bed we got up at Eight this morning, i got the boat packed up and we were on our way, got to the Chain State Park and got the boat ready to launch, i reached in my spot to get the key and go figure its gone, i look at the wife, she i forget to tell you i didnt like the keys in the boat at all so i got them last night and put them on the table, so we we load every thing back up, and off to the house we ago, got the keys and every thing was going good, considering i live fourty five minutes way so nuthing bad, so were getting ready to put the boat in the water, close to Ten now and get every thing ready and my son wanted to help so so bad, so i figrued sure why not you can carry the bait to the boat, so he hits the dock and Slam falls and there gos the minows and worms right into the water, lid falls off, so we put our fishing trip on hold to go get bait, get the bait and back we go to attempting to go fishing, put the water in bait in, every thing going great park the truck, get back in the boat turn the key and cant get the boat to start, first time in this boat i tryed everything i could just couldnt get it to fire, it truned over but wouldnt start, so i figure hell i have a troling motor, and i killed the batt when trying to start the motor, so my wife comes with the idea of fishing from the shore, i told her Bull*&^% ive done all this were fishing out of the boat, and grabe an oar, we paddled alittle and found that the wind and current was not going to work with us so we tied off to a dock and fished from the boat, we both win that way, fishing wasnt bad, my son and daughter both got two nice crappies and i had a three and a cat, and the wife got a blue gill so we didnt get skunked , but now im looking for some one to fix my motor

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:16pm - Apr 13,10 
Water was choppy, Wind was blowing hard, Water was 57 Deg with dark muddy waters

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:17pm - Apr 13,10 
Man thats ruff,but at least you were out with the family and caught some fish.Hope you get that motor fixed and get out next time.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:29pm - Apr 13,10 
Ya i was getting upset but once i my son realed his first fish in ever and i said hand it here so can take off the hook, and he looked at me like i was from out of this world and told me no i can do it help Lexy ( his sister) with her worm i got this dad, i am proud of them, i give it another couple trips and hell do everything himself, lexy to but i dont trust her with setting the hook i almost lost an eye, i think she just like you yank on the rod

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:56pm - Apr 13,10 
You are a lucky guy. Spent the day fishin with your family. Take some pictures and post one every now and then of the kids with a fish. I am sure they are proud of their dad. They will look back on memories like this. Good luck next time out. Remember that a bad day fishin is still better than a good day workin.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:06pm - Apr 13,10 
YAAA i would have posted some pics up but my wife, ya well she dropped her camera in the lake, :twisted: it was a never ending day

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:50pm - Apr 13,10 
I remember one day I cranked and cranked and cranked my motor. Turned over easy enough, just no fire. Wife suggested I toggle the safety kill switch. Worked like a charm... Not sure if that's your problem, just sayin' it's something to look at.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:56am - Apr 14,10 
Lol if that was it i swear that would be the iceing on the cake im going to get it looked at and make another try at the lake on sunday

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:58am - Apr 14,10 
Rude start to a day, but what a finish for your family... Your daughter will surprise you in her abilities, mine was pretty self-sufficient with basic baiting by 5. (21 yrs ago) And I've found over the years, the kids remember the fish caught and time spent together more than the mishaps.
Thanks for what you do and your service, enjoy your family time. I hope to be headed up there in the next couple of weeks.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:49am - Apr 14,10 
:bigyuck so i looked at the boat again today during lunch, and i dont know if you all knew it or not, but your motor has a fule on off switch, i found it, my boat runs like a champ, :rotflmao

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 02:03pm - Apr 14,10 
Cheap fix ,it'll be a good story years from now when your having a beer with your son! Vent cap on the kicker got me last weekend and I've been doing this boating thing for 30 plus years!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:17pm - Apr 14,10 
very very true, this is my first boat, i have had little boats that we would take on the pond so im still learning, but ya forgot to switch the fule on, so killed the battery now if i can just figure out the live well plugs ill be set

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:41pm - Apr 14,10 
well...easy fix, and you didn't take it to a marina to get fixed. what kind of boat?
you probably have a main battery disconnect, and possibly an on/off breaker type
switch for your trolling motor.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:25pm - Apr 14,10 
Glad to hear it was a simple (and cheap) fix. I had a check list made up that I frequently referred to during my first season as a boater and now after 3 years of being a boat owner I know everything and never forget anything :bigyuck :bigyuck :rotflmao :rotflmao :bigyuck :bigyuck

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:43pm - Apr 14,10 
Ya i did it myself i was looking at it, and looked at the red switch and figured hey lets turn it why not ive tryed every thing else, and turned it and smelled fule instantly turned it over and bam started right up, question for you all though, live well plugs, do you guys put them in there when you guys are in the water, i know i only need one because the other is the over flow but ive heard some not using any at all tell they dock there boat

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:31pm - Apr 14,10 
I keep my live well plug laying in the live well and insert it just before I launch. If I leave it out, the live well will fill with water when I launch and drain when I get motoring. I just use the fill pump to put water in it when I have a fish to put in there.

Board index » Lakes » Fox Chain
Jump to: