Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:08pm - Mar 10,10 
It was such a beautiful day today being that it was pushing 68 degrees out and I've been DYING to get out and just throw something in the water for quite some time now. I figured Milliken Lake would be perfect because there's a park that my daughter could play at and I could practice some jigging for a bit. I also tried out some spinners I bought last year but never got to use. Usually my daughter is pretty content playing at the park but after about 3 minutes on the swings she was comin-a-runnin to try out Daddy's fishin pole. So I sat her down and and cast out a Texas rigged pastic worm for her to learn how to reel in. I honestly didn't think she'd be able to hold up that big ol pole, but much to my amazement, she handled herself pretty well. Here's the picture:

We stuck around Lake Milliken for about an hour then I decided to go over to Jackson creek for some gill/crappie/Bass action. So I tied on some twisty tail grubs on a 1/8oz jig head and tried my luck. Unfortunately, I did get skunked, but honestly I knew from the beginning I wasn't there to put my all into catchin fish. I just wanted to enjoy the beautiful weather and the company of my daughter. I got a few more pic that you guys might enjoy....

If that isn't a perfect day, I don't know what is

This little waterfall is as peaceful as it gets in Will County

Lastly, this picture is the end to a great first day out on the water in 2010!!!

Tight lines guys and hope you all have a great fishin season this 2010!!!

Mindfloodz

Last edited by Mindfloodz on 12:25pm - Mar 11,10, edited 1 time in total.

Chitown Bird Dog

Post Posted: 10:13pm - Mar 10,10 
Beautiful pics! It looks like your daughter had a great day outdoors, with you. Thanks for the report.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:16pm - Mar 10,10 
Way to go Floodz! I'm familiar with Milliken, but where is Jackson Creek?

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 06:18am - Mar 11,10 
Good pics and what better way to start your daughter off right. Very nice, thanks.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:24pm - Mar 12,10 
Ne chance we can get location of Jackson creek?

Chitown-Angler

Location: Cook County, DuPage County, Grundy County, Kane County, Will County

Post Posted: 06:47pm - Mar 12,10 
JT, I think it's south of the Illinois River and East of I55 South. I have another spot for us to try out in Wild West. What time are we going to leave tommorow? I'm thinking about ZeroDarkThirty..........Let me know.

"I make my own Stinkbait"

"My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead)
will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it."

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:05pm - Mar 12,10 
Awesome post. Thanks for the photos, I enjoyed viewing'm!

:flg

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:35am - Mar 13,10 
To know where Jackson creek is you must first know where Lake Milliken is. Once you find the Lake the Creek is just behind some trees after you first pull into the first avalible parking spots across the street... Google map it on the Sats.... It feeds into the Kankakee river right at Milliken..

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:32pm - Mar 13,10 
Nice Photos, thank you for sharing as it made me jelous as heck :D

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:16pm - Mar 13,10 
Mindfloodz wrote:
To know where Jackson creek is you must first know where Lake Milliken is. Once you find the Lake the Creek is just behind some trees after you first pull into the first avalible parking spots across the street... Google map it on the Sats.... It feeds into the Kankakee river right at Milliken..

Thanks Floodz, I dug out my K3 River Fisherman's Atlas. They show it, but unnamed. Right between the lake & Prarie Creek. At least, I think that's it according to your description. That's a real nice stretch of river there too. I'll be checkin it out soon. :thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:50pm - Mar 13,10 
I'm gonna hit it Monday morning.. I want to try some jigs with some fathead minnows

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:43pm - Mar 15,10 
Great pics - you daughter reminds me of my daughter at that age. Precious!

I'd wade that water fall area and cast 1/16 oz jigs with 3" twister tails & rebel crawdads! There are fish to be caught there ;) Does this watershed have smallies?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:46pm - Mar 15,10 
Razzo wrote:
Great pics - you daughter reminds me of my daughter at that age. Precious!

I'd wade that water fall area and cast 1/16 oz jigs with 3" twister tails & rebel crawdads! There are fish to be caught there ;) Does this watershed have smallies?

Hey Raz,, We've never met, but, with your post , I'd say, you were readin my mind !! :shock:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:36pm - Mar 18,10 
Thanks Razzo.. she is a cutie...

From my understanding there are smallies in there and due to the fact that it feeds into the K3 I'm thinkin that would be a hang out for smallies!!! I think wading that when the water gets a little warmer would be a great idea. I don't have waders, so I'd have to wet wade and it's a little too cold for me right now. Will def try in the later part of spring

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:59pm - Mar 18,10 
Mindfloodz wrote:
Thanks Razzo.. she is a cutie...

From my understanding there are smallies in there and due to the fact that it feeds into the K3 I'm thinkin that would be a hang out for smallies!!! I think wading that when the water gets a little warmer would be a great idea. I don't have waders, so I'd have to wet wade and it's a little too cold for me right now. Will def try in the later part of spring

That little waterfall just may end up turning you into "full fledge" river rat :winker

That'd be a great place to catch a bunch of smallies.

I love to wade.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:53pm - Mar 18,10 
I made it out there today for awhile, looks just as nice as the photo. Worked the area pretty good with a couple of different jigs & tails. No fish to show for results, several others were fishin there too, also, no feesh ! Asked others fishin there & Miliken if doing any good & all I heard, was one Crappie from the lake. I DID see 4 or 5 small bass, maybe 6 or 7 inches swimmin aroung together a couple of times. They would dart out from a rock shelf & scoot right back into hiding. Kinda fun to watch. I just couldn't seem to hook up with mom & dad though. All in all, I did like this area & will be back again for another shot. [smallies that were seen, were in creek area, not the lake]

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:26pm - Mar 18,10 
That lake has some big bass in it. was there last year and saw a guy right next to me catch an absolute pig. 5+easy.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:52pm - Mar 18,10 
reno1229 wrote:
That lake has some big bass in it. was there last year and saw a guy right next to me catch an absolute pig. 5+easy.

Yea, I've fished the lake before, but not today, Just the creek & river area. There were quite a few sittin at the picnic tables, making their casts and retrieves without even getting up. I noticed one person fishin from a lawn chair, while I was parking, & when I came back from the creek, they looked as if they hadn't moved a muscle, LOL.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:33am - Apr 23,10 
That's Prarie Creek for sure :) Great Smallie spot during high water. From the mouth to the falls. Nice wade during summer aswell.

Dan

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:21pm - Apr 23,10 
I need to dig out my Illinois Gazetteer - I think I have fished that creek before.

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Rivers » Creeks, Streams, Ditches
Jump to: