Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:01pm - Jul 14,09 
Anybody been wading the Fox at Batavia? Finally will have time to get waders wet on Saturday and was wondering if it's finally safe to wade there.

thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:43pm - Jul 14,09 
River is very very low, This is the lowest its been all year and yes very safe to wade.

I would stay away from batavia though its been overtaken by the you know who. The positive is they dont know what they are fishing for. they can have all the carp and quilbacks they want (idiots)

Believe it or not some guy asked me if I had my fishing license and I said why wouldn't I, he simply responded I dont, too much money. I just about slapped the crap out of him.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:03pm - Jul 14,09 
was out for the first time sun on the fox. river is wadeable but still has a strong push to it. I would think by this weekend it would be quite comfortable for wading. good luck fishing!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:40pm - Jul 14,09 
nsselle wrote:
River is very very low, This is the lowest its been all year and yes very safe to wade.

I would stay away from batavia though its been overtaken by the you know who. The positive is they dont know what they are fishing for. they can have all the carp and quilbacks they want (idiots)

Believe it or not some guy asked me if I had my fishing license and I said why wouldn't I, he simply responded I dont, too much money. I just about slapped the crap out of him.

Very, very low? VERY safe to wade? Errr... ok. This is one of the few times all year, that the river has been around 1000 cfs in most stretches. I wouldn't call that "very very low" or "very safe to wade". If you're an experienced wader, sure, but if not, that is still moving pretty well, especially depending on what part of the river you're fishing. More narrow stretches will still be pushing you pretty hard. Montgomery is still 800-900 CFS. That's far from "very, very low". I wouldn't even call Algonquin at 600-700 CFS very very low. I'd call that close to being back to normal for the summer. Just my two cents. Don't want people being misguided, heading out to a stretch of river, and finding out it is still not comfortable to wade for them.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:29am - Jul 15,09 
Agree with Ed- I was out on the river on Monday. I was south of the Funway dam. It is wadable but.... water is flowing pretty good and the underwater terrain has changed a bit since earlier this spring or last fall so, be careful where you are walking.
Good news is the smallmouths are getting more active.
Have fun.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:21am - Jul 15,09 
I was under the impression that JarheadJohn is experienced on the river. I was out last week and under batavia dam and it was fine. And if anyone who doesn't know the river would just assume its safe because some guy on the computer said so then they have problems.

Should I rephrase and state: If your experienced the river is safe in most areas.

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: