Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:06am - Jan 17,17 
I pieced this Handi-Sled together today for some push instead of pull. I'm hoping it will keep me upright and give me something to lean on when I make those long ( for me ) walks in and out on the lakes. :winker I have the Smitty sled for the flip over but I think this will do nicely for the light sled. I mounted a complete Walker unit on the inside rear of the sled. I have the height adjustment pieces secured with Bolt, Lock washer and Wing Nut. The rest of the unit can be removed easily and folded for travel or storage. I can also take all of it out by just removing four bolts.

VIETNAM VETERAN U.S.A.F. 66-67

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:59am - Jan 17,17 
That's a good idea and very creative! What I was wondering, what do u use the toilet plunger for next to your bucket in the first pic? Is that for the crappie that swim by just under the ice?
But seriously, last time I went out I pulled my 4 year old son on my two man tent and my father on his one man tent out onto Pistakee at the same time. Makes it a lot easier on this slick ice and is great exercise for me.
On any given day I'd be more than happy to pull anyone and their gear out on the ice if they needed. Especially a military veteran such as yourself!! My fingers are crossed for the next polar vortex so we can freeze this ice up again!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:02am - Jan 17,17 
Great idea! I might need to borrow it after my knee surgery! Way to keep after it!

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 05:41am - Jan 17,17 
John, you could place a board across the bottom brace to create a seat and wrap the walker with some plastic for a mini wind break.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:00am - Jan 17,17 
WSJ, I thought of that But want to keep it simple for quick break down. When I'm out. I use a Cabelas folding Directors type chair to sit on. It' very handy. I sit behind the light sled.
I can use it inside my flip over or out on the ice
FO223 that's a fine gesture and I thank you on behalf of all who have served. I'm sure your Dad is thank full to have a strong son to help lout. Your 4yr old probably thought it was just a fun sled ride. BTW that's not a toilet plunger. It's my 360 degree sonar unit for detecting and destroying Submarines. :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

Profile WWW  

Support Staff

Post Posted: 09:35am - Jan 17,17 
Nice idea. Would it be possible to shift the walker back so it is straddling the rear of the sled and add some skis to the back legs of the walker? I'm concerned with this design that you will be a bit weight forward which could cause you to slip.

Oh, and could you tell us when the transducer arm is made out of?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:33pm - Jan 17,17 
Tiny, I am adding some handles today that will extend out behind the sled. Also when I'm out ont the ice there will be more gear in the sled to balance the weight. It should do the trick. I believe the transducer mount is aluminum. One of the members of Ice Junkies Outdoors on Face book makes them. His Name is Al Forbes. I have another one on that Yellow Bucket for when I'm in my flip over or hopping a lot of holes.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:29pm - Jan 17,17 
OK. I added some handles to the Handi-Sled so I can walk back a couple of paces and not get the urge to speed and lose control.
Image :lol:

Profile WWW  

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Gear ~ Gadgets & Electronics
Jump to: