Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:59am - Dec 3,15 
What are you guys wearing? I am about to pull the trigger on the cabelas inferno 2000gram boots. I have been wearing Sorels for the last 7 years and my feet get cold even when its in the 20s and I have heavy socks on.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:55am - Dec 3,15 
for price, durability, waterproof, and warmth, it's hard to beat Mickey Mouse military surplus boots

lots of good boots out there though

la crosse ice kings, muck artic pro come to mind too

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:12pm - Dec 3,15 
I have a pair of Sorel boots that i love in sub zero temps and a lot easier to walk in then mickey mouse boots which I use to have. The Sorels ran about $120.00 ten years ago but are still in great shape and in service to this day.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:21pm - Dec 3,15 
I have Sorels. If I were to get into really, really cold weather, I have a pair of fleece socks that I'd put over my good wool (Smartwool, Fits, Tekko, etc) socks.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:57pm - Dec 3,15 
Mickey Mouse, I love em

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:24am - Dec 4,15 
:drink Sorels work for me.... What's important to remember is not to lace-up too tight or wear too many socks... I'm pretty active out there and the feet build enough heat to stay toasty... I see a lot of parents over dress their kids and after we take the tight boots off in the shanty the kids usually warm right up.... I do see several guys with the Micky boots as we go up nort fishing the tournament trail... Might be a Chevy /Ford comparison .... Guess it depends how active are you as you fish??some guys sit in one spot after walking out....and others never seem to sit still :drink

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:02am - Dec 4,15 
The prof makes a good point, to many socks will not allow the feet to breathe causing them to sweat, a primary cause for cold feet. I myself only wear a pair of silk socks with a pair of light wool socks over the top. I retired the sorrels two years ago and bought a pair of Artic Pro Muck boots. I also lined them with a pair of 1/2" felt liner soles, bought at FF. The boots have a comfort range of -40 deg to +60 deg. My feet never get cold. Another big advantage is they are extreemly lite. Ask anyone wearing Mickey Mouse or Sorrel boots walking around in deep slushy snow, how tiring that can be.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:13pm - Dec 4,15 
I have the cabelas Infernos and they are great if for some reason your feet did get cold which i doubt will happen the liners have a pocket for heat packs.i use them for deer hunting sitting in the stsnd allday no problem. They are big boots only con is they are a little heavy..

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:42pm - Dec 5,15 
for me the trans alaskans from cabelas.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:11pm - Dec 5,15 
Baffin Titans are awesome

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:15am - Dec 6,15 
X2 on the Baffins!

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 11:01am - Dec 6,15 
Mickey Mouse boots for sure the problem is finding them in a large size as a second choice a boot that is price reasonably is a Kamik boot best boot out there for the money as far as multiple socks wearing you're just asking for trouble doing it purchase a really good pair of wool based thermals like bass pros guaranteed for life sock s
DD

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:02pm - Dec 6,15 
I have the black Mickey boots and Baffin Apex. Never cold feet here. DD is right about finding the white ones in a large size right now. Although I have found them for $180.00 and up.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:03pm - Dec 31,15 
great to see every one is ready for cold weather fishing
i have mickey boots and Kamik Supreme Pac Boots - Insulated
some how when i wear mickey boots and standing for long time my back hurts
hope kamik boots will be better
happy new year every one

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:15pm - Dec 31,15 
I have a pair of Cabelas, Trans-Alaska boots and absolutely love them.. My feet never get cold in them and they are comfortable to wear and not as heavy as they appear. Rarely do I ever put a toe warmer in them and only wear one pair of light socks and a second pair of good wool socks over that. Liked them so much, I bought another two pairs for my boys. Think I paid $150 in the Bargain Cave online.

Lt.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:45am - Jan 1,16 
DD...saying you like Kamik boots is like saying you like a Chevy, they make alot of different boots. But i do agree that Kamik makes a decent boot. I own both the Kamik Everest boot (step down to the Cody) and it is a great boot for the price. I dont think these are still made or are renamed the Nationplus. If im out of the shanty not moving, too long my toes will start to cold. I also own a pair of Kamik Hunters. I absolutly love this boot and its price point, however it is better for boat use or hunting. The sole is not rugged enough for uneven, refroze snow and ice.
I now have a pair of the Baffin Apex boots and know my feet will never get cold, but the boot is a bit bulky.

As the professer said: do not lace your boots tight, wear only a light pair of wicking socks (i like wool liners socks), purchase you boot one size bigger. the boots have enough insulation to keep your feet warm. Socks will hold moisture and compress the feet to limit circulation. The is also the reason to leave your boots loose.

If you are going to sit on a 5 gallon bucket all day get some big boots, possibly carry them out seperately and change when you are set up.
If you have ADD or are hyperactive get some lighter boots because moving around will help keep you warm.

Take care,

Went fishing and had a drink or went drinking and caught a fish?

Sponsor
Sponsor

Location: Naperville, IL __ Boston Whaler Conquest w/twin Mercs

Post Posted: 11:37am - Jan 1,16 
I bought a pair of Keens. Warm and feel and weigh like a normal shoe.

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Gear ~ Gadgets & Electronics
Jump to: