Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:10pm - Nov 24,15 
Just got the menards ad,little buddy heater $49.00 great price on friday.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:45am - Nov 25,15 
retired trucker wrote:
Just got the menards ad,little buddy heater $49.00 great price on friday.

Wow that's 50% off? Maybe I'll pick one up and stop borrowing my mom's..... :oops:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:58am - Nov 25,15 
Its the Little Buddy Heater, not the Mr. Buddy. Love them Mr. buddy, can't believe the heat that things throws out. Used it last week in my deer blind and on low it was keeping the whole place toasty!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:07am - Nov 25,15 
Ahhh gotcha. Thanks. That thing is a lifesaver!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:27am - Nov 25,15 
I have a little buddy that I have only used a couple of times. Now It will not start. It has the blue flame but soon as you release the button the flame dies. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:38am - Nov 25,15 
When I'm done for the season I put it in the plastic bag it came in because dust can get in those tiny openings.They used to have a cleaning video on their website so try that.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:43am - Nov 25,15 
Kbull-There are a couple of past threads of this and the buddy heater.Possible thermocouple dirty(clean with sandpaper) or blue flame not making enough contact to open main gas.
Got the Mr. buddy myself,love it-

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:55pm - Nov 28,15 
Thanks for the replies. I will try cleaning them out.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:09pm - Nov 28,15 
KBULL wrote:
I have a little buddy that I have only used a couple of times. Now It will not start. It has the blue flame but soon as you release the button the flame dies. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Perhaps it was tipped over one 2 many times or laid on its side to long. They have a mercury safety switch that will close the gas valve if the unit falls over, you can still light the pilot but thats all. If you are mechanical search you tube for the repair or removal of the safety. Just be careful if you remove the switch- if your unit falls over when lit it can be big problems.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:05am - Nov 29,15 
:drink Missed the sale .... So if anyone got two I'm in the market for one

Sponsor
Sponsor

Location: Naperville, IL __ Boston Whaler Conquest w/twin Mercs

Post Posted: 08:10pm - Nov 29,15 
Lowes has one just like the buddy heater made by Mr Heater. Near as I can tell its the same thing but yellow. I have had one for 6 years in the rain, snow, cold, and its been thrown around the boat quite a bit and no issues. Always starts right up and was a lot cheaper. I think It was $50 for 9,000btu.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 06:45am - Dec 2,15 
Here is the link to N9Phil's great fix for the heaters..............

http://www.chitown-angler.com/1fish/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=36910&hilit=+heater

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:10am - Dec 2,15 
I have a few Mr. Heater heaters (Big Buddys, Yellow Lowes Portable Buddy, wall mount and tank tops) and I have only had routine issues with the Little Buddy heater. Mr heater makes great products and some of my units are 8+ years old and I have had to do nothing but change the propane. Getting the Little Buddy lit or keeping it lit was an issue from the first day. I ended up buying another"lunch box" heater to replace it. 2 years later I decided to give the heater to my dad (nice guy :crazy ) and he obviously had the same issue this season. I did something that was good and bad at the same time...I removed the tip switch on this unit. I dont recomend this at all, but I no longer have any issues getting started but uncomfortable without the safety on it. I can replace the tip switch, but i feel that this is this unit achilles heel? When working the unit gives off great directional heat and liked it in my ice shanty because of its heaters hieght where wind blowing under the shanty would not effect it. I hope this was only a single case of a bad tip switch and everyone else is enjoying thier little buddys.

I did contact mr heater and got somewhat entertaining responses on about the unit, Believe it or not I was actually doing this exact routine before they recomended it.

Good Afternoon,

First there is a tip switch that some time needs to be reset, hold the heater by its handle and shake it lightly back and forth a couple of times.

Next put the off BLACK button a couple of times, this is a switch that has some internal contacts that might not be making.

Last, light the pilot flame and count to 20 and JUST BEFORE letting go of the RED start button, give it an extra hard SQUEEZE.

Tom,
Thanks for your inquiry.
Sorry to hear about the troubles with the little buddy. It may be the tip over switch on the unit. You can take the wires off the tip over switch and connect them together with a paperclip or jumper wire. If the unit runs normally then its a bad tip over switch and can get you a new on. If not it most likely then thermocouple.

Went fishing and had a drink or went drinking and caught a fish?

Board index » Hard Water » Ice Gear ~ Gadgets & Electronics
Jump to: