Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:58pm - Oct 22,18 
Fished 1-5p, far south. Clarity about 18", temp 48.5, debris not bad yet(few leaves). Lead core was bit slow picked up few small saugers. 3 ways/cranks produced well, more and few nice girls. Good bite, good day on water, only few boats.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:05am - Oct 24,18 
Schrofer - how far south? I am thinking of Hennepin in the next couple weeks but its a long ride so have to plan accordingly

I fished from 11-4 on Monday - smoked cigars all day, nothing big maybe 3 borderline keepers but didn't have bump board in boat

Started at 39 bride v-jig with ringworm as I forgot my full plastic binder at home(not ready for the switch to walleye fishing!) got some at the mouth of the V and some at the bridge, all in 16-17 FOW. LOTS of tuggers and drops, water temp was 48

Fished willows and got two, again in 16FOW

Fished lock and plum island with no takers

went back to 39 and pulled lead in 12FOW got fish from bridge all the way to mouth of V, at one point had 3 on at a time. Made another run and got fish again, made third run and snagged all 3 lines as I drifted a little too shallow. Didn't have time to retie everything so headed back in.

Water temp started at 48 and by end of day was 49 - clarity the good.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:41pm - Oct 24,18 
RiverRat,

Down by the lake, didn't have time to make run at Hennepin, was kinda last minute decision to hit river, had to scratch the itch! Bigger girls were less than 12', plenty of 15's in 14', I had triple on one pass.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:06pm - Oct 25,18 
Thanks for the reports guys.I'm trying to find time to get out in the midst of house training the new pup.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:12pm - Oct 26,18 
Nice to see some reports. Thanks

Time to get rigged up again. One more weekend of outside house work and I’ll be on the river.

Board index » Rivers » Illinois
Jump to: