Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:18pm - Apr 12,18 
Just got back from the tax man and celebration dinner,started the day at starved rock and there were plenty of sauger on the middle section of the island and across from the launch but not many keepers.A friend of mine and his father fished the flats somewhere by a culvert and got a dozen but also smaller fish.Went looking for stripers around 11:00 and put together around 20 from various spots.The vermillion had no fish yet as it was colder than the main river which was 47 degrees when I pulled out at 1:30.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:27pm - Apr 12,18 
Thanks for the report. Jigging, pulling bait. Cranks?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:38pm - Apr 12,18 
Launched today around 1p, tried for whities on south side of plum Island with only 1 fish and a 20 lb Asian. Went up into Vermillion for whities, no luck, black lund pro v in there catching few with blade baits. We headed to flats for saugers, jigged(orange, green or black jigs and grub w/minnow and white jig no grub w/minnow) top part of flats on bend, green bouy side, 8-12', few small fish, moved across river to south side(red bouy side) and caught 8-10 on top end just below round culvert on shore down to next big rock pile in 12'. Ran out of minnows, we were getting 2-3 each pass, few really nice males.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:52pm - Apr 12,18 
schrofer wrote:
Launched today around 1p, tried for whities on south side of plum Island with only 1 fish and a 20 lb Asian. Went up into Vermillion for whities, no luck, black lund pro v in there catching few with blade baits. We headed to flats for saugers, jigged(orange, green or black jigs and grub w/minnow and white jig no grub w/minnow) top part of flats on bend, green bouy side, 8-12', few small fish, moved across river to south side(red bouy side) and caught 8-10 on top end just below round culvert on shore down to next big rock pile in 12'. Ran out of minnows, we were getting 2-3 each pass, few really nice males.

Thanks for the report

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:01pm - Apr 13,18 
Thanks for the report - glad to hear the white bass are starting.

I will probably stick around Morris on Sunday and look for walleye, sounds like all the sauger will be post spawn.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:50pm - Apr 13,18 
Mike I was pulling floaters with minnows.The fire tiger floater was out fishing my other colors 5 to 1 so I went with that on both rods.Bring the raingear sunday Rat.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:50pm - Apr 13,18 
Thanks retired trucker. I hope to get out again soon but house project are stacking up fast. I know I’ll be out in May pulling cranks for sure. My son will be back from a semester in Italy and daughter up from Bowling Green and both have been talking about getting out on the river among other places.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:35pm - Apr 13,18 
Same for me Mike my son has been calling to see when the stripers are going good so he can put in for the day off.Things are already 2 weeks later than last year and there will be alot of cold nights for the next week.I used to drive to Elwood alot when I drove for Dominick's.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:30am - Apr 17,18 
I hope this cold weather has them busting loose once it warms.

Board index » Rivers » Illinois
Jump to: