Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:08am - Mar 24,18 
Judging by the weights put up in the MWC yesterday I screwed up thursday and should have went 3or4 miles more down river looking for fish.Live and learn I guess.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:54pm - Mar 24,18 
Yea I've always found when its up or going up go upstream, when its down or going down, head down stream.

I hope to really work the clam beds cause I really need to get confidence in the spots there, always produces in the spring.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:47pm - Mar 24,18 
I’ve had my best days ever at the clam beds in the spring and early fall. Easy to fish. When fish are there. I never get some there. It’s either a bunch or nothing for me in that area.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:24pm - Mar 24,18 
I don't if you guys ever tried it but across from the clambeds on the north side there is a real nice ledge that holds fish too.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:18pm - Mar 26,18 
That is my whole problem with the clam beds - I don't go all that fast in my boat and if I make that run and they are not at the clam beds or Clark island I've drove an hour to Spring Valley for nothing when I know I can get fish at starved rock. I'll probably give it a go the rest of the spring and just grind it out and get the spots on spots. Too many tourneys won there just need to become much more familiar with the spot.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:48pm - Mar 26,18 
After talking to pezdek saturday I feel a little better about thursdays trip.I was getting fish across from the launch at starved rock but had the misfortune of lots of barge traffic messing things up.He said when they fished friday there was a ton of tournament boats fishing that spot.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:29pm - Mar 26,18 
retired trucker wrote:
After talking to pezdek saturday I feel a little better about thursdays trip.I was getting fish across from the launch at starved rock but had the misfortune of lots of barge traffic messing things up.He said when they fished friday there was a ton of tournament boats fishing that spot.

Yep, you were fine there RT. Lots of boats fishing that small stretch. Probably 15+ boats there from one end of the island to the other end, at any given time. Can't believe the disaster of a day we continually had no matter what we did... lol.

I may try again Saturday this week now that I got all my issues sorted out. Was the first trip with the boat since early December, so more of a shakedown trip for me than anything. Kinks are all worked out so should be game on moving forward.

No report cus it wasn't worth it to put one up. Spent more time dealing with issues than fishing I feel like...

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:25pm - Mar 27,18 
I want to go tomorrow but I don't know if the rain dirtied things up,left a message with my contacts waiting for an answer.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:50pm - Mar 27,18 
I don’t think the river dirtied up from the rain. I didn’t think we had much.

I was out last Friday. Water was clean. No dirt line on my white boat or motors as I usually get. I could see the cavitation plate with no issue. I would guess based on how low my big motor sits in the water about 15” +/- visibility

First time out in a year. Made 4 passes (too fast) as the kicker would not idle down. Fixed that ready to go now.

2 shorts and one fat 18”.

Board index » Rivers » Illinois
Jump to: