Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:36pm - Feb 18,17 
It looked like a much nicer day than my trip the other day when I fought that big east wind but the fishing wasn't much better.There just isn't much schooling going on at least in the areas I'm fishing.I worked hard for 7 hours getting around 20 fish with a 23" walleye being the prize of the day.Never got more than 5 fish in any one spot usually right away and then nothing on subsequent passes,so I don't know if they were moving or I just got the biters.The yellow-orange and fire tiger floaters were doing the best.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:48pm - Feb 19,17 
Still sounds like you had a pretty good day to me :)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:21pm - Feb 19,17 
Thanks dog I guess I was spoiled by those 50 fish days same time last year.Do you use those power bait prerigged shad bodies for bass at all?I used one at the golf course pond today and it really worked well.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:23pm - Feb 20,17 
No I haven't tried them but I have heard good things and they look great. I think I have some laying around. It's only a matter of time before I give them a try.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:34am - Feb 22,17 
20 keepers a tough day? I hope we see you in the MWC this year :)

Fishing was slow for us Sunday - bite here and there, and fish bit all day but nothing consistent. We did much better when we remembered that while the air temp might be 70° the deep water was still 38° so fish accordingly. Once we did that we hit a couple nice females, but they were all gone on the second pass. Running in feeding pods I guess?

This weekend looks rough with the wind/rain/snow/sleet who knows weather. Will see you out there Sunday.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:36pm - Feb 22,17 
Same thing happened to me Rat,I was below the 39 bridge and got 5 fish on the first pass went back down and pulled up again and nothing.Might go tomorrow leaving for my first trip to Vegas on sunday for a golf trip with the guys.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:18am - Feb 27,17 
Golfing in Vegas was a much better option - fish were biting but they still think it's winter. On Sunday the wind made it very difficult to fish anywhere that wasn't protected. Water temp was 43° - live bait was the ticket which is driving me crazy, I hate live bait anymore :)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:49pm - Feb 27,17 
I agree on the bait river rat.

Heading out Saturday with my son and a couple of his college buddies. I'm setting up for crankbaits and going to hit the usual early March spots. I may have to bring some minnows along just in case.

Sunday going back with daughter and maybe son. What happens Saturday will guide my choice on presentation Sunday

Board index » Rivers » Illinois
Jump to: