Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:33pm - Apr 21,17 
Just got home I'll give a quick post before dinner.Illinois 58 degrees and 6" visibility,vermillion 56 degrees 6" visibility in the lower section and 10" above the bridge construction.They put in a new bridge way up the vermillion and must have dumped the old one in the water so there was a crawler with a backhoe going in and dredging out the big concrete chunks and dirtying up the water.As for the fishing there is no schooling going on yet and other than my last spot it was a couple here and there,I ended up with around 25.I got half on gulp grubs and some on blades and the rest on jig and shiner.I only bought a dozen just in case and wish I had alot more as I found a small school feeding on shiners at a creek mouth.With it being cold tonight and tomorrow I don't know if things will improve much,but the water should clear more.Going back monday to try it again.Also Buster had a second hand report that some guys were getting saugers on cranks on the peru flats.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:13am - Apr 22,17 
thanks for the report
I have to assume that you were talking about 25 white bass

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:10pm - Apr 22,17 
Yes I'm sorry forgot to mention what I was fishing for.This is my favorite 3-4 weeks of the year for fishing.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:19pm - Apr 24,17 
Thanks for the report I would assume starting this weekend unless we get some biblical rain its going to be on.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:17pm - Apr 29,17 
I need to learn to not open my mouth, biblical rains on tap, river could flood near record highs. We will be fishing in downtown Peru.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:23pm - May 1,17 
Stepped outside the warehouse a few minutes ago. I've seen it higher, but she's moving pretty fast with lot's of floating logs whizzing by. Not safe for boating.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:37pm - Aug 3,17 
I fished the Illinois river a couple months ago and did extremely well at catching white bass, including a couple big ones.They fight good for their size.

Board index » Rivers » Illinois
Jump to: