Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:00pm - Feb 21,16 
i used to hunt a lot back in the late 80s and early 90s with my dad and crew......pheasant and rabbit and dove...it was awesome and we were able to hunt vermillion river and dixon with lots of success. Good times and the game was delicious. Over time i got busy with life and what not.....looking to get back into hunting again. I was wondering if any of u guys squirrel hunt, preferably in illinois. Please feel free to pm me... Thanx, later on mike

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:49pm - Feb 21,16 

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:04pm - Feb 21,16 
After this weekends blow look in the tree's not one squirrel nest left in the tree's.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:15am - Feb 22,16 
Have done some squirrel hunting before. I was by my late Aunt and Uncles farm in SE Missouri years ago. My aunt loved squirrel and asked if I could get her a few for dinner with 1 stipulation. "I don't want them if the body is tore up....shoot 'em in the head or don't bring them back!! I got the limit, but with the rules of engagement it was 3 or 4 shots per with a .22 at 15-40 yards. Had to wait for them to stop moving for a second to get that head shot. That took some time to achieve. You'd just miss them and see their heads turn and look around as the bullet whizzed by them. Boy that was fun!

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:40am - Feb 22,16 
Oh yeah second that, squirrels with a .22 is a blast! Used to pressure cook them to tenderize then pan fry. Did that with dad before I started deer hunting, makes putting the sights on a buck muuuuuuch easier.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 11:12am - Feb 22,16 
buddylee wrote:

Ah, damn! And you guys dread seeing the ice leave. This guy reminds me of the coming out of Chipmunks! :scared

But yes, yes. Squirrel hunting as a kid was a panful of fun and yes with a .22. It was "eat what you shoot" in my house and unfortunately, my mom wasn't fond of my dad and I cooking squirrel.

Then... we would sometime shoot them in the trees as well as on ground. I always thought of what it said on the .22 cartridge box..some thing like "Caution, can carry up to one mile".... Fortunately, we lived in the country and knew what was in every direction within a few miles. We also didn't miss.. Mr. Geo.... :rotflmao

I believe nowadays, as back then a .410 is a preferred weapon for those unfortunate relatives of those other nasty rodents.. chipmunks....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:37pm - Feb 22,16 
Bubbalouie wrote:
buddylee wrote:

Then... we would sometime shoot them in the trees as well as on ground. I always thought of what it said on the .22 cartridge box..some thing like "Caution, can carry up to one mile".... Fortunately, we lived in the country and knew what was in every direction within a few miles. We also didn't miss.. Mr. Geo.... :rotflmao

Bet you weren't just aiming for their heads!

Keep your stick on the ice!!!-----Red Green

Proud son of a Civilian Conservation Corps. member and following in his footsteps!

Board index » Game Bag » General Hunting Info
Jump to: