Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:01am - Feb 14,16 
It seems that some representative from Vernon Hills names Carol Sente believes that we basically shouldn't hunt in the above counties anymore. This would end a lot of hunting for many of us that use gun hunt in these counties. I hate these elected politicians that try to ruin our sport....

http://heartlandoutdoors.com/heartland/ ... nd_dupage/

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:34am - Feb 14,16 
BigB,
thanks for posting. I wonder sometimes, the people that come up with stuff like this, how do they square it? Your a deer hunter. By keeping a deer herd in check thru the means of hunting, not only keeps the deer away from death thru disease and the over whole stay healthy. Not to mention that hunting will keep accident levels down in areas were they are forced to cross highways.
If some of those people took a walk around with a farmer and saw deer that were dying slowly or had already died from something like blue tongue, would they understand that mother nature can and is very cruel, and hunting is the only way to keep things in check?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:39am - Feb 14,16 
I saw that. Typical political BS. A "feel-good" proposal for the anti-hunting and snoody neighborhood constituents.

I don't think this has any chance of going anywhere, but it's not a good sign either way. That would effectively eliminate virtually all waterfowl hunting and firearm deer hunting in those counties. Over a 1/2 mile radius...

This law would undermine the entire authority of the DNR to regulate hunting. Fortunately I can't see this thing gaining any traction.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:41am - Feb 14,16 
What really gets me is that there are sooo many local geese around. I travel around the Chicago area and Milwaukee for work. I don't think a week has gone by where I haven't seen at least 10,000 geese in open water, flying or in fields. They eliminate gun hunting these numbers will get even higher. It sickens me to hear these things. I grew up rabbit hunting on a farm in lake county. That farm has turned into houses but if this law was in place back then, we wouldnt be able to hunt it even though we never shot near or towards a house.

Board index » Game Bag » General Hunting Info
Jump to: