Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:39am - Nov 29,15 
I was wondering what you guys do with a coyote after you shoot it. I was saving the pelts for a mount which as of last week I shot the last one I needed but now what do I do if I shoot one. Is there a company that will take them or do I leave it in the field for the others as bait? Anyone have any ideas?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:07pm - Nov 29,15 
I was at Angelo's Bait Shop in Wilmington a few weeks back and someone had a sign posted that they where buying the pelts. give Angelo's a shout I'm sure they can steer you in the right direction. (815) 476-7524

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:29am - Nov 30,15 
call a taxidermist near you, they may buy it.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:18pm - Nov 30,15 
The first one I shot I had skinned and tanned and it looks pretty good but ran me $150 which wasnt too bad. I shot one during gun season this year and was going to do the same thing but unfortunately it was just a smaller female and couldn't find anyone that would do it for less than $175 which wasn't worth it for a small yote. Pelt was pretty good though. I made a few phone calls but no one wanted one with a bullet hole through it so I ended up tossing it, which I wasnt too found of but did. This was the first year we got two during gun season so we made a small dent in the population. The second one my buddy got wasnt even worth trying to save, a 12 gauge slug through the length of the body really did a number. I'll take out those fawn killers any chance I get. Every year we get one with a fawn in its mouth on camera. I have pictures of them with everything in their mouth, fawns, raccoons, possums, squirrels, rabbits and even some unknown things.

I did miss an almost black mature yote during bow season. It was a through a little bit of brush and a tough shot though. We had him on camera and I really wanted to get him because you can tell he is a big male that would make a great pelt

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:32pm - Jan 10,16 
Your in Plainfield I see. Cliffs taxidermy is where I brought mine. You can do a mount but I just did a tanned hide. Very cool way to display it.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:02pm - Jan 11,16 
A friend sends his off to Moyle and Mink. Very satisfied with prices and finished products.

http://www.moytown.com/services.html

Board index » Game Bag » General Hunting Info
Jump to: