Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:19am - May 28,15 
http://chicago.suntimes.com/outdoors/7/ ... s-proposed

Anybody see this? I took the survey but I'm not happy with the questions and they do not give the ability to comment. They ask if hunters should be limited on the amount of deer they harvest. Shouldn't the bag limits be determined by the number of deer available?
The way this survey goes it reeks of more government intervention with no purpose.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:54am - May 28,15 
At first take, these seem to open the door more for youth hunters and attempt to put a cap on the doe slaughter to hopefully increase the herd. Appears reasonable to me and better than the DNR sitting on their heels

Formerly Anchor Management
Montrose Harbor
Channel 7
-----------------------------------------------------------

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:32pm - May 28,15 
Hopefully enough people took the survey and put in a low number for the limit. Limits are far too high and it only takes one person a couple years to take out a large amount of does and ruin the population for a whole area. I think this new IDNR director is going to right the ship and bring us back in a good direction with our deer herd. Its going to take him a while to fix what Marc Miller screwed up.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:31pm - Jul 13,15 
Something has to be done I heard a few went through

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:47am - Jul 14,15 
sportsman1 wrote:
http://chicago.suntimes.com/outdoors/7/71/637347/illinois-hunting-deer-reg-changes-proposed

Anybody see this? I took the survey but I'm not happy with the questions and they do not give the ability to comment. They ask if hunters should be limited on the amount of deer they harvest. Shouldn't the bag limits be determined by the number of deer available?
The way this survey goes it reeks of more government intervention with no purpose.

you are exactly right. More government intervention just for the sake of intervention. Who in their right mind would vote for more rules and regulations imposed by the government. I guess some people like being told what to go more then others. If anything it should be a land owner decision.

I was just out at my property and saw 30+ deer driving around at dusk.

The DNR should try and motivate land owners to allow hunters to move the deer. Deer migrate to land where there is less hunting pressure.

Over the Limit
WellCraft Fishing Machine

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:48pm - Jul 14,15 
Look like they eliminated the OTC non-resident antlerless only tag which should eliminate a lot of the illegal out of state hunters that we had before. Its amazing how many blatantly didn't care about the laws.

Also, by the looks of it, in the next two years, Rosenthal will enact a limit of 3 maybe 4 deer, which is a welcome by the vast majority of hunters. It encouraging to see this after Miller mismanaged the Illinois deer herd for so long.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:25pm - Jul 14,15 
3-4 deer limit. Totally agreed Big B. 3-4 deer is alot of meat. I think there are tags that are filled just because they can be and not because of wanting the meat. Its also about time that this out of state/out of control tag exchange comes to a halt. I have seen that lawlessness first hand as well.

Board index » Game Bag » General Hunting Info
Jump to: