Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:18am - Dec 20,14 
I walked to my hunting spot today to find someone stole my stand and camera. I saved to buy a nice two man stand so my daughter and I could hunt together. I believe it was a hunter because they even took my daughters safety strap from above the stand. I hunt in the Plainfield area, if anyone sees a stand or camera come up on one of the sale sights please pm me. The camera was a Moultrie but one if the brackets on back was broken. For the life of me I cannot remember the make of stand. I bought it at Gander and it was a huge 2 man. It had a fold up seat that was suppose to be a type critters would not chew. It will only have 2 lengths of ladder with it also. It's a long shot but makes me feel better just to try. Thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:22am - Dec 20,14 
Have you tried asking any of the neighbors that thought you might be trespassing possibly?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:50pm - Dec 20,14 
The brand was a Rivers Edge. Yes,I did talk to the neighbors across the creek who were not to friendly. Otherwise I am known and checked in with all others. I did making a report with the Sheriffs police. It's a damn long shot.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:59pm - Dec 20,14 
No chain/lock? I'm feeling the unfriendly neighbors took it. JMHO

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:38am - Dec 21,14 
X2 on the unfriendly neighbors. They would be my first suspects. They probably feel you are encroching on their hunting grounds.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:33pm - Dec 21,14 
I did visit them across the creek and the kid talked to me but the Dad did not want to come out. You guys may be right.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:13pm - Dec 21,14 
I had a very similar experience saturday morning. I work up @ 2 am to make a 2 hr drive to my stand on public land in winamac and found my stand was stolen. Ratchet straps laying on ground my chain and lock were missing. It too was a river edge stand with 1 ladder section (10' total)but only a 1person. I suspect it was the property owner adjacent to the public land as I was the only person hunting that small piece of land and was told by a local that home was owned my an anti-hunter. So if anyone happens to run across it call the number on it please or pm me. Its was too late any ways I've already harvested my deer for the year.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:21pm - Dec 21,14 
I almost had the same experiance on the opposite end of the situation. I have some property I have been hunting for over 30 years with exclusive rights. The farmer would even comunicate with me if a relative inquired about permission. When we went out to set up blinds before 1st shotgun season we noticed a blind set up on our property. I was going to take the blind down but did not want retaliation for it missing. Good thing I did because when i texted the farmer he told me he gave someone permission to only bowhunt. All's well that ended well and no issues with the farmer. We just had a brian fart in communication.

Board index » Game Bag » General Hunting Info
Jump to: