Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:48pm - Oct 14,14 
Can anyone recommend a local gun shop that gives a fair price on trading guns. Willing to travel a little. Hoping to stay with in the rules of the site. Your experiences would be appreciated. :thanks

Ice Auger Blade Sharping

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:13pm - Oct 14,14 
Most gun stores wont give you the full value of your firearm if you are on facebook there are a few different pages for buying/selling/trading guns in the area probably not as easy as taking it directly to a shop but you might get more for your money going that route

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 05:53pm - Oct 14,14 
If you have guns to sell you can take them to Cabela's gun dept. and they will make you an offer . Just make sure you show the guy at the front door, I think he's wearing orange gloves.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:37pm - Oct 14,14 
You looking to trade it in then buy a new one ? Or just sell one ? Most gun shops wont give you a good price. There are a few hunting web forums that let you sell guns Wish you could do it here, im sure it would sell fast.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:19pm - Oct 14,14 
bassassassin14 wrote:
Most gun stores wont give you the full value of your firearm if you are on facebook there are a few different pages for buying/selling/trading guns in the area probably not as easy as taking it directly to a shop but you might get more for your money going that route

"Really," will check it out.

All great replies. Went to Cabales several times with the gun, got 3 different offers??

I did see a couple ILL sites that had classifieds.

thanks, hope to see more replies.

Ice Auger Blade Sharping

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:20am - Oct 15,14 
Most stores that I seen will only offer less than the blue book of gun values has for the condition of the weapon.
They do this so a profit can be made selling at the blue book value. They know what will sell and low ball on what does not.
I seen allot of people walk at the offered price.
If you have several consider a gun show.

Was the Cabelas store inline with the blue book value minus the money to make a profit ?

Dave

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:18pm - Oct 15,14 
Some of the smaller gun shops used to be more willing to work with people if they were looking to "upgrade".

Not so much any more.

You can stop at Midwest on Ogden and First avenue.

Remember the laws have changed in Illinois. No more undocumented person to person sales. You as the seller have to call and get a back round check number and keep it for 10 years.

All my life I bought every used gun that came my way on person to person sales. Now I am glad I did with the People's Republic of Illinois laws!

I haven't found a reason to sell a gun at a loss yet.

In a few years the model will cost more, or some big scare will happen, and the value will skyrocket.

Wasn't that long ago 500 rounds of junk 223 was taking $800 or more. Now top quality is less than half.

Cabelas is fair. What you think is fair depends on how bad you want to part with the piece.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:31pm - Oct 15,14 
Windy City wrote:

Remember the laws have changed in Illinois. No more undocumented person to person sales. You as the seller have to call and get a back round check number and keep it for 10 years.

You can accomplish this requirement online. It is only to verify the validity of the FOID of the buyer.

http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/foidp2p.cfm

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:10pm - Oct 15,14 
Windy City wrote:
No more undocumented person to person sales.

Surely you could sell to someone in another state or does that apply to people living in "free" states too?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:29pm - Oct 15,14 
Rock Hollow hunt club in Rockford as a few auctions around Fall / Winter where you can sell your guns.
I have no idea of fees involved.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:35pm - Oct 15,14 
I don't think you can purchase or sell to an out of state resident without going through a FFL dealer.
If a firearm is purchased in a private sale from a resident of a different state than the buyer, without the transfer going through an FFL, the buyer commits a felony violating 18 USC 922(a)(3) and the seller commits a felony violating 18 USC 922(a)(5).

A handgun MUST be transferred by an FFL in the buyer's state of residence. A rifle or shotgun may generally be transferred by an FFL in either the buyer's or seller's state of residence.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18...2----000-.html

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:53am - Oct 22,14 
I just saw this ad..... I have no affiliation to this & don't know any details.

SAVE THE DATE!!! Our Fall Gun & Equipment Consignment Auction--Sunday, Nov. 2nd, 2014. Viewing starts at 9 am, auction starts at 11 am. Will be held at Rock Hollow Conservation Club, 1931 Route 75 East, Freeport, IL. CONSIGNMENTS WANTED!!! Turn your old sporting goods and guns into CASH!! Call 815-599-5690 for more info

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:54pm - Nov 27,14 
you can call john at on line auctions by john hes an ffl dealer and sells on gunbroker . com.not sure what he chargers.he works out of his house in boilingbrook

Board index » Game Bag » General Hunting Info
Jump to: