Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:04pm - Nov 11,13 
Was curious if anyone knows of any good hunting leases possibly for next year . I don't mind paying for myself. Just trying to get on some deer and public land is not so productive for me.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:00pm - Nov 11,13 
Its tough to find a good one for a decent price when you don't live in the area you want to hunt. I HATE these companies that try to make a buck off of being the middle man. My buddy actually picked up a fantastic 30 acre lease in central Illinois last week for $500. We have another 220 to hunt too but for the price and the area it was tough to beat. The only reason he heard about it was listening to the farm radio in his neck of the woods. It ever even made it into the paper or internet. I'd try and find someone that is local where you want to hunt and have him keep eye out for one. That is the best advice that I can give.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:33pm - Nov 11,13 
I started leasing hunting ground back in '94. It was about 100 acres of river bottom east of Momence on the K3 river, all sportsmans included, bow only, for $500 a year. Lost that one to the K3 River Concervancy in '99.
Found the current lease in the same year through paid radio ads on the local ag reports along with local papers for the counties I was interested in hunting. Going rate at the time was $10 per acre. Found 350@$10 an acre in Bureau county on the Illinois river and been here since at the same rate. In fact im sitting on the river bottom in the rv drying out the gear after a snowy afternoon sit in the stand. Once you've earned the trust of the right land owner they value a respectable hunter/leasee. The farmer I lease from has decided to honor our agreent for as long as the trust is not broken.
Currently recreation land is at an all time high. It did not pop with the housing bubble. Expect to pay +/- $30 per acre for a year of sportsmans rights and don't even think of buying. My guy is trying to sell off the
60 acre of river bottom for $800k. The land is flooded yearly and for months at a time some years. Just crazy what they value it at.
Get a couple of good hunting buddies and go after it. It's out there.
Good luck in your search.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:05pm - Mar 7,14 
We just picked up a 140 acre lease last week close to my family farm in central Illinois. There are a few companies that do hunting leases, but you will need to ask around in the area your looking to hunt. I found 4 people in my area that lease and I did find a few more on craigs list in the last year for my area. The going rate in Illinois is anywhere from $25-50 a acre.. Yes you can come across a farm at a great price or even just score permission to hunt some where but that's hard to come by these days. Check Craigs list and type in deer or deer hunting and you will find some. What area are you looking to hunt?

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:12pm - Mar 7,14 
Sorry just noticed this was from November.

Board index » Game Bag » General Hunting Info
Jump to: