Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:43pm - Sep 27,17 
Live in Darien and been watching for the sandhill cranes, haven't see any yet though I thought I heard some Monday. Also Sunday I saw this thing in sky headed for house wholly crap it was a very large Drone, even had a blinking red light on it, looked like it had 4 props on it. man that thing would go up the drop 20-30 feet then jump up again. crazy for sure......................

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:20am - Sep 28,17 
Them drones give me the creeps....bad guys can easily find ways to cause some serious damage...later mike

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:44pm - Sep 28,17 
We were at at a family party right before the 4th of July. Someone was hovering a drone above the yard watching our party on the camera around 10pm, high enough to be above the treetops, but not too high. It was creepy... So we grabbed one of our mortar racks, set it up in the yard, and launched a shell at the SOB. Never saw a drone bug out so fast in my life. We were absolutely dying laughing. Would love to see the footage of the pilot's face as he saw a shell explode inches from what was likely a very, very expensive drone. Not to mention the look of it through the drone's camera. :rotflmao

I'm sure the person learned their lesson, though.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:20pm - Sep 28,17 
Interesting post!! I work in real estate (and live in Darien jaxsprat!!) and use drone's for my marketing photos of certain homes. They are crazy cool, and I've often theorized that if you had one on a boat you could use it to either spot bedding fish, or to even do what the Navy does with it's anti-submarine helos. They install dipping sonars on them and the helicopters can quickly move, hover, dip sonar, and then drop torpedoes as needed. If a charter boat had say 4 drones operating extra transducers just at the range of the onboard units it could make for an incredible amount of scanning. Of course this crazy scheme needs all the supporting technology, but I could see it working in the not too distant future.. If I could have a drone running down/side imaging in paths down a lake before I even hit the water, it could also dramatically shorten the learning curve...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:49am - Sep 29,17 
I'm no fan of drones, but you have to be careful when dealing with them. Shooting at them is the same as shooting at a plane in the eyes of the law.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:12am - Sep 29,17 
BigJim wrote:
I'm no fan of drones, but you have to be careful when dealing with them. Shooting at them is the same as shooting at a plane in the eyes of the law.

Not quite the same. And there's justification for it, also. Like the guy who shot one down because he stated it was spying on his 16 year old daughter sunbathing by the pool in their yard. He was ruled to be justified. We had kids in the pool in bathing suits(and the pool and yard are very well lit at night for playing bags, swimming, etc.) ranging from ages 7-19 that night, while he was hovering it above the party. There were 5 girls aged 16-19. Three girls aged 7-10. So I'd deem myself justified to fire a warning mortar into the air by it.

There's also a rule regarding flying them at night. They can only be operated during daytime or civil twilight while with appropriate anti-collision lighting.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: