Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:14am - Jun 9,14 
A friend and I spent Saturday at Shabbona. We got on the boat a little after six and chased crappie for a couple hours. Supposedly they were holding to the deeper trees, but we couldn't get any to cooperate. Eventually we gave up on the crappie and started fishing the slop for bass. Every pocket of floating weeds seemed to hold a bass or two. We hit it big with one bay that was completely obscured by greenery. I rowed us into it as deep as I could and we pulled out a handful of three to four pounders. My buddy was using a Scum frog popper in white and green. My fish came on a BooYah Pad Crasher in bullfrog. The wind changed a bit and the cold front started in around 2:30 and put a damper on the bite. I capped the day off with a nice big channel cat that hit a crappie jig and minnow. It was a nice fight on a ML rod.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:51am - Jun 11,14 
:drink Had similar results all day...until 1700..1730....rain started very slow...when the wind shifted crappie turned on...people reported the spawn as over...we still had males blackened ..and females full of eggs...a few just short of 13"...not a banner day but...1 of the three trips hit them good...bass are very active....walleye have slowed..cats are cruising the weed edges...have to have confidence to hit areas right behind guy's ahead of you...water is getting a little color to it...had secchi disc reading's of 6-7 feet near the creek with 9-11 feet near deep tree's...might help the crappie bite...and spawn should be about finished by the weekend...I'll let the fish tell us when we clean them. :winker ..had a nice Muskie hit a crappie again...2 times so far this spring...(jaw's reference) think we're going to need a bigger net!! :rotflmao

Sunday was better for bigger bass and cats....crappie we're in 2 key areas...hope they calm down some...lot's of panfishers out there :gpost ...

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:25am - Jun 11,14 
nice report I hope to get out there soon Ice fished it on the road bed we killed the gils

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:46pm - Jun 22,14 
I remember when that Big Musky hit that Crap when we were there a couple years back.

VIETNAM VETERAN U.S.A.F. 66-67

Profile WWW  

Board index » Lakes » I-80 North
Jump to: