Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:51pm - Jun 15,17 
Has anyone tried the track mounts (for rod holders or downriggers) on their Alumacraft boats. I don't want to drill into my boat so I've been doing some research and found a fabricated aluminum mount for downriggers/rod holders but it attaches to the track. I've attached the link of the product I'm considering.
http://www.colliflower-zci.com/all-prod ... ack-system
Has anyone had any experiences with this track mount ?? Or any track mount system ??

Thanks,

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:34am - Jun 16,17 
I have used the Alumacraft Alumatrac on my 2015 Trophy without any problems what so ever. I did mount two electric Cannon mag 5s to the gunnel and also use the trac mounts with my boards. I would recommend putting downriggers on the gunnels and not use the trac mounts for that. Watching the stress that occurs during raising and lowering of a ten lb ball I wouldn't have it any other way.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:49am - Jun 16,17 
I agree with Mayje12. I have a 2016 trophy 185 and I use the alumacraft tracks for my dipsy rods with no issues. Have been using the plastic Scotts. I have downriggers mounted on the gunnels also and wouldn't have it any other way. Last year I ran the triple scottys and ran both planers and dipsys off them but upgraded to big jon trees this past winter.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:36am - Jun 16,17 
I didnt like the plastic trac mounts so went with something similar to the link you show and use a traxstech between the aluminum mounts.
Used a much thicker gauge aluminum plate for the downriggers that wraps under both sides of the track on my Competitor 175. Family has access to a machine shop so they were custom made.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:23am - Jun 27,17 
2015 Alumacraft trophy 175 and I use the rail mount, I use the Cabelas extended rod holders and modified them and it works great. I hated the ideal of drilling holes in the boat. It works fine I even mounted my rear Humming bird to one and it holds it fine and I can move it to where I want it.

Board index » Lake Michigan » General Lake Michigan
Jump to: