Author
Search for:
Sponsor
Sponsor

Location: Naperville, IL __ Boston Whaler Conquest w/twin Mercs

Post Posted: 10:54am - Jan 8,11 
I have been reading a book called Boat Smart Chronicles - Lake michigan devours its wounded.

The book is full of real life storys and tragitys from people that boat on lake michigan. It really puts things in perspective on how little we are on a big lake and some things to look out for. If you boat lake michigan I would highly recommend this book no matter what size boat you have.

Now I also said MUST HIDE because if your wife finds this book (like mine did yesterday) you may never go boating on lake michigan again.

http://www.amazon.com/Boat-Smart-Chroni ... 1892399237

HTR

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:01pm - Jan 8,11 
HTR - Thanks for the link. Growing up near the lake in Indiana, I've been witness to several near miss accidents on the big pond. You never know when mother nature will turn that lake ugly.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:01pm - Jan 20,11 
Even the Chicago River has a death toll not matched until the Titanic, the Eastland Disaster. The Palmer House was used as a temporary morgue for its casualties. The Edmund Fitzgerald got a song, but the LM ships are mostly footnotes.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:26pm - Jan 21,11 
True, it is a very dangerous lake. I have seen 6 boats sink out there. Two got flipped by waves one day. It went from two footers too a 6-8 foot crashers in less than half an hour. I should have known better as I did see the squawl line but thought that doesn't look too bad. BIG MISTAKE! When that weather starts turning GET OFF THE LAKE.

Board index » Lake Michigan » General Lake Michigan
Jump to: