Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:48am - Jul 14,14 
So sorry to hear that the river has taken another individual this weekend. Please if you don't know what you are doing, stay out of the water. The Willminton Dam is clearly marked with No Wading. The river is high and very turbulent. My fellow fishermen/women please use extreme caution. My heart goes out to his Family and Friends.

Take Care and Be Safe,

John

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:46pm - Jul 14,14 
That is very sad to hear, and yes you are correct the Wilmington Dam is marked with a ton of signs. I won't even get in Dam side even in low water conditions (although I see plenty of people wading out there in later summer). Thoughts and prayers with the family.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:07pm - Jul 28,14 
Was it always posted as no wading, or only during high water? I haven't been there in a few years, but I went there to wade. If the water was up I usually wouldn't wade for safety reasons.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:03pm - Jul 28,14 
No wading period, at any time. Not sure when signs were erected. Signs are located right at the dam and a bit downstream.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:59pm - Jul 28,14 
i believe it's been a number of years now already. i never cease to be amazed at how otherwise intelligent people just plain greatly under-estimate the force of flowing water. low-head dams are nothing you want to get very close to either above or below.

Bob P.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:38pm - Jul 28,14 
Didn't Forest Gump's mother say it best--can't fix stupid :shock !!!!!!!!! Big signs in multiple languages along with 3 life rigs and ropes. It will only be a few days before they family tries suing :crazy the city of Wilmington and the park district. The last time someone tried they lost there insurance and almost closed down the park.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:06am - Jul 29,14 
Definitely no signs or ropes last time I went, I guess its been longer then I thought. I preferred wading down river a bit, although I did have a few 100 fish days casting at the rapids/spillway. Used to wade in sight of the 55 bridge as well. Got to get down there again soon.

Board index » Rivers » Kankakee
Jump to: