Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:03pm - Jul 10,14 
Hi fellow fishermen, John and I got out last night about 530 till nightfall and even though we got almost twenty fish we could not seem to land the big ones. John's first fish was a nice one and he lost it. I hooked one and it cleared the water by two feet went to lip it and it got off. they all got off. John did manage to get one nice one for a nice pic. He also got a real nice one but got off right in front of us, the story of the night.They were everywhere and the water looked good, clearity was about two feet, and semi high. Hope next time we can stick it to them.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:11pm - Jul 11,14 
First time this year we had a night like that. Our bite to catch ratio has been great this season. We are entilted to have one rough night every so often. :)
Still great to get out, it was a beautiful night. For a bonus, on our way back to the car we startled a huge buck with his doe. Hell-of-a rack on that beast.
Thanks for the post Howard. Let's do it again real soon!

Take Care and Be Safe,

John

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:29pm - Jul 11,14 
Sometimes thats how it goes. You know your skill level is getting high when you get angry that you didn't get a hookup on a bite, and/or you didn't land a fish that you hooked.

You get over it when you know it was a cookie cutter fish, but it really sticks with ya when you know it was a good one.

2 weeks ago I was at a place, and I was getting mostly small largemouth so I knew they where deep, water was 78* degrees. So I suggested we troll rattle traps. My partner was all over this idea as I NEVER want to troll. 4-5 mins in he goes, I either have one or I snagged the bottom. It got pulled up to the top and we were "surfing" it behind us for a second before I could slow the motor and have us get out speed down. Fish got a little out of the water, headshook, and threw the rattletrap. I had caught and weighed 2 the week before on my digital over 5 lbs with the bigger of the 2 being 5# 13oz. This fish was MUCH bigger than those. Easily 6 probably 7lb.

In the last 2 weeks everytime I talk to this guy, he mentions, "man that was a really big bass I lost"

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:13am - Jul 14,14 
Very muddy now.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:38pm - Jul 15,14 
Hopefully the water levels will drop enough that you can get back out there and give it another shot soon! Love seeing the piggies sky out of the water, don't love them spitting the hook in the process. At least you got to see 'em.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:46am - Jul 16,14 
We are going to try to get out tonight after work. Will let you know how things go.

Board index » Rivers » Kankakee
Jump to: