Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:04pm - Dec 27,17 
For those of you who knew him and called him a friend , i am really sorry for his passing. Always sad to see or hear of some ones passing. Rest in peace.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:54am - Dec 28,17 
I always enjoyed Creeky's posts. He was one to freely share his techniques, methods and knowledge. More over, his love of the K3 and his enjoyment of his time on that particular river came to life in the stories he shared on these pages. I would kid him on his threads about the fact that he never carried a camera nor posted pictures here. In truth the things that so excite me about a day on a river, an osprey working a pool up river, a great blue heron frozen unnoticed until you almost bump it, a mink working for his dinner on the bank, those thing don't translate well to pixels anyway most of the time. Fact was, his stories were well crafted and painted with his words in such a way that no photos were really necessary. Kind of like radio in a digital world. I wish I'd made the effort to actually share his river with him once. I do want to say I appreciated that he made the effort to so often share the stories of his experiences on his home water on this site. Thanks Creekyknees!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:32pm - Dec 28,17 
My Deepest Sympathy.............R.I.P. Norm "Creeky Knees" Minas

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:23pm - Jan 2,18 
Thank you Norm for all your information, assistance and passion for fishing your beloved river. You certainly enhanced my life and I suspect there are many others like myself who will miss dearly your posts and the blessing of a chance conversation in the State Park.

Thank you and God bless you.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:35am - Jan 3,18 
Found out about this from Ken G on Christmas eve. Made for a somber night. RIP Norm. Learned just about everything I know about the K3 from him over the years. Chicago has lost a legend from the fishing community. :cry:

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:40pm - Jan 15,18 
Wow......for some reason, I just did not see this post til now. Yes, he will be missed and I always appreciated that he shared his knowledge of the sport. RIP Norm.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:10am - Mar 18,18 
Sad news - that is a huge loss for the fishing community

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:42pm - May 5,18 
Creeky and I did most of our communication via PM, as I’m sure most of you did. But Norm was not one to be super secret about spots and tactics if he knew you had the best interests of the river in mind.

I was lucky enough to meet him in person at an undisclosed location he recommended once.

We talked for a while, shared some tips. 90% of those tips were his that i still use.

He gave me knowledge that i will pass to my son and his son. That is something special.

God bless

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:06pm - May 11,18 
I don't know how I missed this news. So sorry to find out Norm has passed on.

Post new topic Reply to topic Latest Topics  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Rivers » Kankakee
Jump to: