Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:18pm - Jul 24,17 
Ok everybody please chime in on the 2 models I will list here. Let me know if you have personal experience with either.

2017 Duckworth- Navigator Sport HT-Hard Top w/150hp yamaha

or

2017 Hewescraft- 190 Searunner Et HT- Hard Top w/150hp yamaha

Looking for detailed experiences or first hand knowledge. Will be using on Lake Michigan and Lake Erie, thanks for the insight. Plus this might stir up some looks at little known boats from this area.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:25pm - Jul 24,17 
A good friend of mine purchased a new Hewescraft same model 190 searunner with canvas top and the new G2 Eveinrude 150 HO. He loves it. And loves the new G2! Bought it from Frank at Calumet Marine.

Hey Frank have anymore pictures of Dons 190 searunner.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:56pm - Jul 25,17 
Calumet Marine does not sell yamahas, are you planning on buying a boat without a motor and taking it somewhere else to get a motor or going somewhere else to buy a boat? I believe Frank has 2 190 SR HT in stock, one demo with Evinrudes and one blank without a motor.

There are many Hewescrafts in NW Indiana, when i was in salmon unlimited Indiana i believe there were about 6 hewescrafts in that club.

Ive went for a demo ride in franks demo boat with the 150 HO G2 Evinrude, kicker, and 3 guys. It was flat out so cant say much about the rough water ability but the boat did about 43mph, the yamaha is not the performer compared to the Evinrude so it might be a little slower especially once you load it down. Boat felt good, very stable. I fished a bunch of tournaments out a HewesCraft 220 Ocean Pro about 7 years ago, that was an excellent boat, i wouldnt expect the searunner to be to much of a departure from that.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:56am - Jul 26,17 
Drive I before you buy it I think you will agree Hewescraft is built every bit as good or better
We chose to be a Hewest craft dealer When no one else in the mid west even heard of these boats DID NOT TAKE LONG FOR THEM TO CATCH ON HERE FOR A LOT OF GOOD REASONS We looked at duck worth boat they are Great boats but we felt the extra money for a Duckwoth was not justified
At Calumet marine we share the fishing passion And hopefully seeing a fully rigged boat ready to fish will sway your decision to buy our way.
There is a HUGE difference between a Hewecraft and a Calumet marine Rigged Hewescraft
experience the difference with a free no obligation sea trial (on the Lake Michigan) call for appointment

After its all said and done.... ITS ALL ABOUT THE FUN!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:25pm - Jul 26,17 
Thanks for all the replies so far. That's a nice looking boat. The little differences, I see, with out seeing the Duckworth in person yet, has them pretty comparable. And I have one boat with a 2015 Yamaha now so was just trying to be consistent.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:29am - Aug 6,17 
[wmv][/wmv]
Donna Marie wrote:
A good friend of mine purchased a new Hewescraft same model 190 searunner with canvas top and the new G2 Eveinrude 150 HO. He loves it. And loves the new G2! Bought it from Frank at Calumet Marine.

Hey Frank have anymore pictures of Dons 190 searunner.

dons new sea runner
THANK YOU DON FOR LETING US RIG THE ONE OF A KIND CALUMET MARINE SPECIAL DON EDITION SEA RUNNER

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:54am - Aug 6,17 
Hey Frank what shaft length is that MK trolling motor on Dons boat? Btw it looks gorgeous!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:24pm - Aug 6,17 
ltrain wrote:
Hey Frank what shaft length is that MK trolling motor on Dons boat? Btw it looks gorgeous!

60"

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:25am - Oct 10,17 
got to add
thunder jet boats to the mix gorgeous boats
duckworth literally walking distance between both
in my opinion hands down better THUNDER JET

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:57pm - Dec 4,17 
Wello just fished the week end in the new boat. Perch fishing near the calumet river. I ended up buying the Duckworth. Got a 2018 had it shipped to cabelas in Hammond. I love it so far. Just going thru the engine break in periods so could not really report on all speeds, but runs good, fished 4 guys for the persh and all fit on the back deck and still had the cabin for seating. WHOA the hard top is awesome. When you are running no water, wind or waves. Have a Lowrance HDS 9 with the Lowrance auto pilot, and so far as much as I have played with it it holds dead nuts on a course anywhere from 2.7 to 15 mph. Wow not even a degree variation. The fit and finish is superb... lots or storage and nice ride. For anyone wanting a look, there are pictures posted under Waterfowl hunting "Trip to Canada" . Cant wait for the coho and walleye trolling season.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:05pm - Dec 4,17 
I seen you out there white one disappointed you did not stop by and have a look at our boats

Profile WWW  

Board index » The Tackle Box » Boats And Motors
Jump to: