Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:14pm - Dec 27,10 
Well I am finally goin to break down and buy an electronic game call so I can attempt to plug some yotes . Did some research on them and think the FoxPro Spitfire for just under $200 is the one for me. Anyone out there using this or have any recomendations on these things??? Gotta get one in the next day or two as I am headed up to the northwoods for new years and want to give it a try. Thanks, mike

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:09am - Dec 28,10 
Anyone use electronic calls for coyotes? Thanks and Happy New Year. Mike :wabbit

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:41am - Dec 28,10 
wounded rabbit call used to work real well for fox or coyotes, calls em right in.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 09:58am - Dec 28,10 
lovefishing wrote:
wounded rabbit call used to work real well for fox or coyotes, calls em right in.

My exact response Mike. Not sure which electronics works the best, but wounded rabbit is the way to go.

Tom

Twin Fins

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:56am - Dec 28,10 
Fox pro is top of the line in electronic calls. Ive never used one but always heard good things and its the Easiest thing to start with. Ive always used mouth calls, right now im going with the ruffidawg JR. Kind of expensive but worth it. If your looking for some videos id go to Predatorquest.com or its on the sportsmans channel. Also on another show Predator Nation, they use the foxpro alot. Good Luck

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:15pm - Dec 28,10 
Mike,

You can get the actual sounds for free. Do a google search for "dying rabbit sound" You will get hits like this: http://varmintal.com/jrpc1.mp3 just right click the url and select to save to disk. Varmint Al has a ton of these http://varmintal.com/ahunt.htm

Look for a small mpg player with an external speaker jack. I found a cheapo on ebay some years ago. I think I have something like $20.00 invested.

Pete

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:35pm - Dec 28,10 
Thanks guys, Appreciate the help. Great idea Pete, would save me some $ but I think I would like the advantage of a remote control device as I will be hunting from my deer tree houses. This way I will have the advantage to see them coming in from farther away and the sound wont be coming from my tree blind which might spook them. I need to harvest some from up at my place in Crivitz, wisc. They are way over populated up there. It's nothing to hear 10 -20 0f them running deer and other game at night. all the locals up there are complaining about them. And seeing less game.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:01am - Dec 30,10 
Also if they seem wary or cautious and wont come in a decoy always helps.

Board index » Game Bag » General Hunting Info
Jump to: