Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:12pm - Apr 6,19 
Had some time to get out again today. Was very worth the trip. Stopped at one of my favorite small ponds in the area and stayed for around 1HR. Again, like the last time I went out, the water was crystal clear. Still have not seen any signs of the bluegill but did have a great bass day. Total was 11 fish for my time. Nothing of any size worth mentioning but still great to feel a pull nonetheless.

Flavor of the day was almost the exact same as last time. 2.5IN GULP minnow in Emerald Shiner and Black Shad Colors paired with a small Black/White Jig Head. Slow retrieve with a few twitches was what got them. Was happy to see every fish that bit gave a noticeable thump this time. All fish were located on the first weed line/drop off in the pond. For reference, the drop in this pond is maybe a 2/3ft drop.

Also stopped at the Dupage River since I was in the area. The water, while not too high, was chocolate milk. Didn't stay too long as a guy was testing what looked like a small flat boat/skiff up and down the area. While cool to watch him go, I can't think of any fish which would be up for biting after that went over.

These next few weeks are shaping up to be great 8)~ .

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:52pm - Apr 7,19 
I'd say 11 fish for an hour is well worth a spring pond stop. Weather this week looks like it is going to rain/snow and dip back into the low 30's some nights. Think we have to ride things out for one more week before spring truly arrives.

Thanks for sharing.

Tom

Twin Fins

Board index » Lakes » Favorite Ponds
Jump to: