Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:07pm - Aug 17,10 
Ive been doin alot of my flathead fishing in elgin and south elgin but for some reason i cannot get a fish over 10lb...a bunch of small flats on the bluegills...i was wondering if any of you have ever fished or had goo luck for flats in the geneva or st. charles area, maby by the bridges?.I know there is alot of snages but if so please share..if not is there any1 out there that can lead me in the right direction to catch that beast flathead im after..all tips,pointers,stories or and info would be much appreciated..thnks

Cam

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:54am - Aug 18,10 
if you do whats you've always done, then you will get what you've always got.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:06pm - Aug 18,10 
Are you in the water or from shore? if you wade then go to N. Aroura ...Pretty good in the middle towards the dam ! Pretty Deep hole !! i got Some 40+ lbs at Night !! has to Be Late with Med size Gills !!! Good Luck !!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:30am - Aug 20,10 
^^^Those are some big Flats!!! You get any measurement on those? I`d love to tangle with one that size...

OP-Big Flats are hard to come by especially on the Fox. I think the average size from our data this year up to date is between 8-10lbs. Matter of fact, it`s about the same as last years. You didn't mention if your fishing from shore or boat or wading. But by shore fishing, your very limited. The best advice I can give you is to explore and spend a lot of time on the river. Flats are very tricky and frustrating at times. One particular spot can produce 1 or 2 fish a night but may produce 0 for 3 weeks.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:43pm - Aug 20,10 
Never fished in aurora before islandguy ill have to give it a shot...how long do you have to be standing in the middle of the river before you get one??....I usually do fish from the shore kay but thanks for the advice!!....get some pb pics up here!!

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: