Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:52am - Jul 23,10 
Hey guys. I might head over to the fox with a buddy tonight. Thinking of going somewhere North Aurora or above. Probably just wade and float bait. Anybody got any reports on the regular host of holes and eddies? Of course you know we are catch and releasers. PM me if you want.

:thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:22pm - Jul 23,10 
A bump and a request. With the rains up North I was wondering if anyone has laid eyes on the river today? I would hate to get out there and it be flowing to fast to wade.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:27pm - Jul 23,10 
Here is a link to the USGS gauges; there is a link at the top of the page too

http://waterdata.usgs.gov/il/nwis/current/?type=flow

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:30pm - Jul 23,10 
Dylan I have no idea how the river is fairing, wish I did. I live so close you would think I would hop on it more often...

I heard massive flooding on the Apple and the Kish was not too far behind. As of 8am, inflows to the Chain of Lakes were 2290 cfs and rising; outflows at Stratton were 1400 cfs.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:39pm - Jul 23,10 
Thanks guys. I have already looked at the USGS data. It looks like it isn't too bad from historical stuff. But to tell the truth I wouldn't know if what I'm seeing is good or bad. :oops:
CFS you mean Chicken fried Steak? :rotflmao

I do have a funny for you. I was hoping to find some webcams online so that I could get a looksee at the river myself. Well you know if you type "fox river web cams" into google you get a few hits. The sixth one down is NOT the place to go for fox river information. Well... Unless you are looking for a date with "sweetsexyba" or other of more interesting screen names. :doh
It's a good thing my wife don't check my history huh? :lol:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:42pm - Jul 23,10 
Behnd the Police station in batavia or the meat packing plant off of route 25 in north aurora under the 88 bridge be careful in NA though the holes are deep.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:19am - Jul 24,10 
NEVERMIND!!! LOL. Obviously we didn't make it out last night. As soon as my buddy was getting to the house we started getting thunderstorms. We did get out a little bit at a local pond between rain. Nothing to speak of just a couple of dinks. Then the bloodsuckers came out and we became an all you can eat buffet. That prompted a retreat into the house for a couple of fine brews and a bull session. No fish but good company. Thanks guys. I did finally figure out those USGS readings.

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: