Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:49am - Feb 12,03 
I drive along the river in Oswego/Montgomery every morning. Since the weathers been so cold there has been a lot of ice forming. By reading where the first ice formed I have found some new eddies I did not know of. The first ice usually forms in areas with little or no current (eddies). Also where ice has not formed, I've been able to see where the main current of the river flows. I have made a mental note of these areas and plan on hitting them when the weather warms up a little.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:40am - Feb 15,03 
Right now, a lot of that ice you see in that stretch is only sitting above about 6 inches of water.

But you are right about the main channel. Just be careful when you do get out there. I've combed a lot of water from Geneva down through Yorkville and this stretch has spots that freak me out. More than any other stretch of river. Nothing real deep, only up to about 6 feet that I've found. It's the current flow, it gets intense. Getting knocked down in 6 feet of water is not fun.

You'll have to take my word on that.

At high water, go back and hit those eddies you noted. They create some excellent current breaks.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:01am - Feb 18,03 
I've always thought this part of the river was some of the easiest to wade. I have also waded many parts of the fox in the past but always felt safer in the Oswego area. Maybe it's because I've been wading this part for 20 years. The only place with that much current is where an old dam used to be. Anyway, it's always good to be cafeful.

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: