Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:04pm - Jun 6,10 
My brother in law and I got some time away today and hit the Fox river north of the COL. I was late getting to his house and after grabbing some goods we got on the river around 11am. We walked to our spot and started setting up. Steve telling me to hurry up because he was going to catch a fish in a few minutes. I threw in a minnow on a floating jighead and did not like how it looked. So I put down my crawler pole and recast it out there. Again I did not like the look of the drift and as I started to reel it in, I felt some drag. I set the hook and ended up with my first confirmed walleye. I have had many "almost's", ice fishing, but never got them in; so it felt good to finally see the eyeball up close. I wanted to keep him, but forgot my tape measure so he went back in the drink.

I also fished a crawler on a harness and got 2 sheephead, we got a picture of the smaller one. The larger was a bit gut-hooked so no picture.

A while later I caught a white bass on the crawler.

After a while the bite slowed and we waited and waited; until Steve called out that my pole was bouncing, and as I jumped out of the lawn chair it started moving with a dramatic speed off the ground and toward the river. I got there just in time to stop it from disappearing over the last portion of bank into the watery depths below. A sharp hook set and short fight later I caught a nice cat.

Steve was impressed with my catfish juggling act. and we were able to get a picture for proof.

All fish were released.

All and all a great day out. I can finally say I feel like my slump is over, unfortunately Steve went home with the skunk. He almost always out fishes me, so it was unusual he did not get one.

We did enjoy a nice 3/4 mile sprint back to the truck with gale force winds and lightning crashing around us.

The day has been topped of by a Blackhawk win!

Last edited by i8fish2 on 10:44pm - Jun 6,10, edited 5 times in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:09pm - Jun 6,10 
:gpost :thanks Sounds like a good day was had.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 05:37am - Jun 7,10 
The lowly worm is still a very good bait to have on each trip. Nice job on the multi species day.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:10am - Jun 7,10 
Nice job, gotta love the variety you get on the river.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:48am - Aug 4,10 
Nice

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: