Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:26pm - May 7,10 
After seeing encouraging posts about the dam, I headed up for some white bass action. I did have the good fortune to run into "I8Fish" from the site, nice meeting you if you're reading! We decided that the poster of the successful outings at the dam must have access to the west side of the river where it deepens. Wading out to the island and wading halfway or more across from there to the west bank still wasn't close enough to the deep trough. Anyway, it was a good time and a nice day to not be at work! As usual, I tasted skunk, but while I was talking to a nice fellow who was cat fishing, he shouted to look at the dam:

In case you ever wondered how deep it is right there, now you know!

Aaaaaand... the dropoff!

The deer started from the west, swam east and turned back around, but made it out to the west bank. Something must have scared it pretty good to have gone in where it did.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:40pm - May 7,10 
Cool pics. Thanks for sharing!

Go Big Red!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:40pm - May 7,10 
Halburt,

Nice meeting you. I skunked out too. I did see some hombres down river with a nice string of cats. the river smelled bad down there though, I waded out and the gas that rose was noxious. They did have a few under sized cats but a few big ones too. We gotta figure out how to get over to that hole. I want eyes more than whites but anything would be good. Maybe next week I'll bring some stink and try to catch one of those monster carp that were milling about on the island.

Stay safe out there, don't be the deer.

-s

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 04:40pm - May 24,10 
interesting pix, once in minnesota i saw a deer swimming in the middle of the lake at least 4 miles from shore, there wasnt much i could do for it. hopefully it made it to a nearby island or shore

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: