Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:34pm - Mar 8,10 
I am dying to get out and do some fishing. I never really fished for eyes. I have been having a really stressfull few weeks (business and grandmother passed) so I need to get out a relax. I have a 17 ft grizzly that we use for duck hunting. Is this the time for walleye fishing and where should I try. I know the damns are the best but I dont feel like crowds or is that my only option. What should I use that best?

Is the fox even any good for that..I will try anywhere within an hour or so.

I live in Oswego.

Thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:35pm - Mar 9,10 
I've been going to the damns by me. Algonquin, Elgin. The walleyes are there but their not letting me catch em..
People been saying that the rain needs to come in to change the water temp. To set them up for the prespawn. But they havto eat.. Anyways, the the places I've been have been quiet. I was the only one out in the past three days. Well, in the mourning anyway. Try the Yorkville or Batavia damns. Theirs only one way to find out!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:54pm - Mar 9,10 
Make the most of your time and wade. I wouldn't mess with the boat. There is a lot of good fishable waters you can walk to. I would use 1/16 jig and a 4 " gulp minnow or live minnow's. I am not sure where they are stacked up at this time of the year but the dams are your best choice or current breaks from faster deep pools and rips like the back side of islands.

With the low light you should have some luck. I would fish an hour before sunset until dark.

Profile WWW  

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: