Author
Search for:
Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 07:33pm - Sep 27,09 
I decided to venture down to the river and see if I could find a smallie or two. Well what I found was that the water clarity was really good and that the fish were stacked in the eddies just waiting to feed. In the two hours I was fishing I probably landed 16 or more smallies with the largest being just under 18". Unfortunatly, I decided that it would be fun to try and swim in my waders with my camera around my neck :oops: Damn underwater tree limbs! I wansn't able to get any pics of the fish today as I fell shortly after I started. I am starting to wonder if I am not developing fins and gills. LOL
I was fishing a single split shot with an extra large fathead minnow and drifting it thru on the current seams and into the eddies. I did hook-up with a monster cat that took a run downstream that made me think I had a King on! Unfortunatly I couldn't turn him and the hook popped. Oh well, at least was able to fight the bronze boys!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 07:54pm - Sep 27,09 
Cory your honesty sure makes for some great reads, while adding to your already respectable integrity. Anyone who wades has done it, most will not share the story. Hope those smallie's fight was worth the dunking. :roll: wsj would think it was anyway.

Sorry to hear about the camera, maybe if it dries out for a few day's it will regain it's function.

Oh and your signature line "I fall down alot" makes more sense now. :wink:

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:24pm - Sep 27,09 
Very nice Cory. Sorry to hear you went swimming. Glad your around to talk about it. Did you ruin your camera?

I also had a hankerin to hit the fox today. Especially after striking out with the Kings again Saturday in Waukegan. I needed a confidence booster and wading the Fox today was just the ticket.

I was fishig exactly the same way single split shot, large fathead, but drifting from the eddies into the current seam and whamo. They were stacked deep. I landed about a dozen or so chunky bronze backs in about three hours. Missed a dozen more. The fish were extremely scrappy and aggressive. The bulk were under 2 lbs. one was probably closer to 2 1/2 lbs.

Funny thing was the bigger fish that I caught was literally by accident. I had just baited my hook and dropped the hook in the water as I bent over to refresh my minnow can with new water and boom he hits my bait as it hung in the water just two feet in front of me.

Anyway, Sorry not trying to hijack your thread but just sharing a very similar, very fruitful and beautiful day wading the fox.

T-bo

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 08:47pm - Sep 27,09 
Great to hear T-bo! They were really scrappy fighters and they had some good chunk to them.
WJS, the camera is replaceable. In fact I have the exact same camera new in the box waiting to be used. When I find a camera that works for me I look for sales and clearance and stock up on an extra. I tend to be harsh on them. Ask anyone who has used it and they will tell you that the screen has a unique look to it. Rocks will tend to do that on them> LOL

Profile WWW  

Environmentally Friendly Chitown Angler

Post Posted: 08:43am - Sep 28,09 
Great report! I think I need to get back out there on the Fox! Hopefully the walleyes will start really kickin' it up.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:50am - Sep 28,09 
put your camera in a bag of rice for a couple days should do the trick

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:59am - Sep 28,09 
Great job out there guys! Cory I'm looking at Wednesday night to hit the Fox let me know call me and let me know. Sorry to hear the dip man I been there before I wish I could of been there to see it :lol:.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:59am - Sep 28,09 
Was out last thursday night, legend I believe you know the location. Managed one walleye only 15"" in front of the bridge in the large hole. Rt 31. Should start any time now. Maybe see you out there Weds night weather permitting.

Cory,

Nice report, way to whack em! thanks

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:12am - Sep 28,09 
nsselle wrote:
Was out last thursday night, legend I believe you know the location. Managed one walleye only 15"" in front of the bridge in the large hole. Rt 31. Should start any time now. Maybe see you out there Weds night weather permitting.

Cory,

Nice report, way to whack em! thanks

Nice! With cold weather approaching it should turn them on.

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 10:50am - Sep 28,09 
Cory,

when your hooking your minnows, do you go through the lips, tail, eyes, dorsel...?

Thanks,

Tom

Twin Fins

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: