Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:43pm - Jul 28,09 
Got a late start (4:30). Tried the wall north of the steps with only a couple of weak hits. Talked to some nice people though. Changed to a Gulp leach on a 1/16 slider head and turned south. Immediately picked up a very fiesty 13" smallie in front of the steps. Threw out into the midriver current and picked up another smallie. Boy they fought like fish twice their size. Started letting the bait drift down stream. For the next 3 hours I caught about 10 catfish (all 2 to 3 pounds) and 4 smallies. Lost 3 rigs to fish able to break my 4lb test. Praise the Lord for His wonderful creation. :fly

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:48am - Jul 29,09 
What is a slider head? I have some Gulp leaches and have caught fish on them, but no smallies as of yet. Interested in finding a new way to present a leach to the smallies when they aren't hitting my usual choices.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:10am - Jul 29,09 
I can best describe a slider head as a lead head on a plastic worm hook. It tends to "swim" through vegetation and round rocks better than a regular jig. You'll want to use only enough weight to allow the rig to gently bounce across the bottom. Hope that helps. :D

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: