Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:58pm - Jul 21,09 
Me and a bud hit the Fox for some wading early Saturday in the Batavia area. Water level is down but still a little muddy. Fish were active. Fished for two hours and landed three fish bouncing a splitshot and minnow off the bottom. Two had some size one 20" Kitty and a 14" smallie. Perfect albiet short day out.

Had to get home to look after my kids. I still had minnows left so we hit a local pond. Unfortunatly no takers on the minnows but right before we were ready to pack it in i hooked this nice LMB about 20" 3.5 lbs. on a wacky rig. It hit like a freight train. Awsome fighter. Fishergirl actually landed the fish so she got the pic. Then the fish wanted to ham it up a bit to.

Summers Short. Get out there!

T-bo

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:04pm - Jul 22,09 
Where are good spots to wade the river in the St. Charles to Batavia stretch? New to the area and desperate to get a line wet. The river's been to high I've been afraid to give it a try.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 06:53pm - Jul 22,09 
Nice fish Team T-Bo!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:14am - Jul 23,09 
quote="baredm"]Where are good spots to wade the river in the St. Charles to Batavia stretch? New to the area and desperate to get a line wet. The river's been to high I've been afraid to give it a try.[/quote]

Thats a big stretch bro but alot of folks fish below the dams. St Charles, Geneva, Batavia, N. Aurora all have prime access to the water and parking. Download "google earth" and take a look at what your getting into from the comfort of your home. http://earth.google.com/

The river has been high and your right to use caution. Fortunatly she's come down quite a bit now and fish are starting to become more active. Here's a great link to river flows. http://waterdata.usgs.gov/il/nwis/uv?05551540
right now the river is 950 CFS. I've fished it closer to 2000 but it gets a little hairy with that kind of push.

Nows the time to get out and build your confidence.
I would recommend you start in Batavia. I dont want to get the riot act for devulging a choice area over the internet but if you PM me Ill give you specific directions, location to some relativly tame places to get your feet wet.

Lastly, look up posts from a fellow named Ken G. He's and old salt and river rat that been all over the lower fox. His posts are informative and accurate. http://www.chitown-angler.com/1fish/sea ... thor=Ken+G

Your on you way, Good luck,
T-bo

Bearsfan wrote:
Nice fish Team T-Bo!

Thanks Bro. You know whos the better 3/4 of the team! :winker You been out much this season?

Chitown-Angler

Location: Batavia & Coal City, IL; 17' '85 Ranger 335-V Bass Boat w/ 115hp Evinrude. Let's go fishin'

Post Posted: 11:33am - Jul 23,09 
T-bo wrote:
...You been out much this season?

The Fox?...Nah. I caught a couple walleyes in Montgomery this spring. Every now and then I'll go cast for a bit by the Harrington in Geneva for smallies.

http://www.herringtoninn.com/

Easy parking. Ya can parallel the wall with an in-line spinner (Mepps, Rooster Tail, whatever) and get bit without wadding.

It's a nice spot for the "I'm gonna run out to the store, be back in an hour" fishing trip. :wink:

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: