Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:25am - Jun 11,09 
I live in Yorkville and am looking for info on fishing Blackberry Creek near Blackberry golf course?

Also, this site has great info!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:57am - Jun 11,09 
I'd say... Get your waders on and start walking up stream. Look for holes and chutes created by faster moving water and cast in the slack water. Creek wading 101:)

Good Luck!

Dan

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:56pm - Jun 11,09 
I have been wondering the same thing. Looks like it meets the fox river near rte 47...was thinking about starting there and working upstream.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:05pm - Jun 11,09 
i agree with xpress. get the waders on, get out there and walk the creek. i tend to work my way up river out of the water as much as possible. i try to follow the deer paths and any little holes in the brush i can find to bush-wack up-creek as far as i can, then from that point ill work back downstream casting to little eddies, slack-water pools, etc, behind rocks, lay-downs/wash-downs, and bends in the creek. look for deep holes in slow moving water, or deeper holes in current. the fish tend to hold in these holes even in the fastest current in the creeks. pretty sure it has to do with less current down at the bottom of deeper water. the hole can be 6 inches deeper than the rest of the area around it, but it offers the fish some relief to get out of the current.

i usually throw a 1/16oz jig tipped with any number of assorted 2 and 3 inch twisties, but the hot colors of late seem to be orange or white. the water has been murky in most the creeks from the rain lately and has made fishing tough. we were out on mill creek earlier this week and managed to get 4-5 fish between 3 of us. best bet is to get out and fish :) be careful, there's some deep holes in some of these creeks and some swift moving water that can take you off your feet in the shallows when paired with the slippery rock-beds. even though they're smaller and moving much slower than your big rivers, the same mentality should apply. move slow, take small steps, and be careful. also try to work as much of an area as you can before you move on. i try to make casts at the same area from different angles as much as possible. sometimes it takes just a small little change in the angle of the presentation that will entice that fish to bite. at one point last week me and my brother got 5 smallies from one pool/hole that was about 10ft. x 10ft.

good luck and can't wait to hear your report!!! also if interested i can try to get out with ya and show you some nice little areas. i probably won't hit a creek until early next week because of all this rain, but i'm always interested in finding new people to fish with and don't mind getting someone else involved in the wonderful world of wading the creeks :) shoot me a pm with your number and ill try to figure out a day im gonna get out.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:44pm - Jun 11,09 
Great. Thanks for the info. I'm either going to hit the creek tomorrow night or Saturday morning. I may also hit Silver Springs.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:45pm - Jun 11,09 
Check the Fox's stream flow b4 you head out. This rain may have blown out the creeks for a day or so BECAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 01:59pm - Jun 11,09 
Beware of toothy critters :wink:

Last edited by Legend075 on 02:03pm - Jun 11,09, edited 1 time in total.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:00pm - Jun 11,09 
Legend075 wrote:
Beware of tooth critters :wink:

Welcome the tooty critters;)

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:13pm - Jun 11,09 
Welcome and beware but dont eat too many you may glow!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:14pm - Jun 11,09 
A A FRIEND FISHED THE CREEK THAT ENTERS THE FOX BY SILVER SPRINGS OTHER DAY AND HAD A LAND OWNER KICK THEM OUT,AND THEY WALKED IN FROM THE FOX!!!.I DONT THINK THE LAND OWNER HAS THAT RIGHT, BUT THEY WENT BACK OUT...SAID THE GUY WAS NICE ABOUT IT BUT STILL....

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:18pm - Jun 11,09 
There's an 8 foot high dam about 200 yards in from the mouth of the creek. In other words, nothing from the river goes up there. If you can figure it out, there's a way around the fence they've built to keep people away from the mouth. I just walk across the river from the other side, but I wouldn't do it now.

Not many smallies in that creek, no way for them to get up there, but you will catch the ocassional one. Probably a fisherman stocked smallie.

But, largemouth have taken their place. There are many ponds that overflow into Blackberry at high water. So whatever lives in the ponds will live in the creek when there's enough water in it.

Good maps will show you all kinds of access from the mouth all the way up through Kane County.

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:47pm - Jun 11,09 
I'd listen to this guy if I were you;) But thats just me!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:28am - Jun 12,09 
Xpress144 wrote:
I'd listen to this guy if I were you;) But thats just me!

I second that..

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:29pm - Jun 12,09 
i'll third that :D

Profile WWW  

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: