Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:24am - Jun 2,09 
As we departed around 11:30am the weather was calling for rain and heavy thunderstorms. My brother and I figured we would take our chances and test the weather and maybe it would pay off. Upon arrival to our destination we quickly got our waders on and set off down the trails to find this remote little creek that feeds the Fox River.

After what seemed like forever (but was really only about 1/2 mile and 10 minutes) we finally reached our destination. The water was a bit murky and so far the rain had held out. We stepped into the cool slow-moving water and began our adventure for the day!!

My first cast with a small craw crankbait I had a follow. My brother's first cast with his 1/16oz jig and white twisty was also a follow and he hit it right before my brother yanked the bait from the water. "MISSED HIM!" my brother said to me. We looked at each other and KNEW this would be a good day. Not 5 minutes later our first fish of the outing was landed!! A nice little 8 or 9 incher.

It seemed as if the gods of fishing were on our side this afternoon as we managed to fish from roughly 12:30pm until 7pm and saw around 2 minutes of rain throughout this whole period. The two minutes we got was very welcomed as it was a bit humid and we were cooled off quite nicely! As we walked further and further up the creek fan casting the shores, deep pools, and slack water, we picked apart the smallies one by one.

This area is some of the most beautiful I've ever fished. The winding creek and giant cliff walls where the creek has slowly carved its way through the hills over the past thousands and thousands of years was all very breathtaking. Everything was alive with color and smelled absolutely amazing to boot. At one point the sun peeked out for about 30 minutes and as we walked around a bend in the creek the next pool of deeper water had a slight foggy mist rising from the cool water and everything looked so untouched and unexplored (though we both knew many had passed through this majestic area before us)

Throughout this beautiful day on this creek we managed to catch 19 smallies, 9 or 10 of which were pretty good quality fish, though every single one of them was a fighter and fun to catch. These "better" fish, as some may call them, were the ones who had to stop and pose for a short second to be frozen in our memories and computers forever, before quickly being released back into their cool little creek. Here are the rest of our runway models for the day. :D I hope you enjoyed my little story and our little adventure through the woods as much as we did. All fish were caught on 1/16oz. jigs with many different assorted 2 and 3 inch twisties. An orange twisty seemed to be the most productive, though. Good luck to you all, the fish are out there, sometimes you just need to go find them!!

Profile WWW  

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:36am - Jun 2,09 
AWESOME !!! That's what it's all about !

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 02:27pm - Jun 2,09 
It's definitely awesome strobs!! I love wading the rivers and creeks so much. Something about being in the middle of the woods with not another person for miles... walking the middle of the river or creek and catching smallies... can't ask for anything better!

Profile WWW  

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: