Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:15pm - May 14,09 
Hello all,
I ve been out fishing the Fox and sterling lake for the last month, nothing to brag about really, just 10-12 inchers here and there. Well, I went to the Fox River Gardens on tuesday, it was a nice day, but a little bit windy. I originally was planning on catfishing but I knew I will get seriously bored after 15 minutes so I got my baitcast rod and began casting A Storm Wildeye Shad, with the treble hook removed. Nothing was biting or jumping for the first hour.. until something grabbed that lure, I set the hook, not sure if it is a fish or a snag, but in a couple of seconds I knew what I am dealing with. Her is the photo, sorry for the bad angle, but I was fishing solo and I didn't want to keep the fish out of water while I figure out the timer on my cell camera. I am estimating it is around 5 pounds?? maybe a 19-20 inch, it is by far my personal record.

Chitown-Angler

Location: Not quite over the hill, but has a breathtaking view from the lofty perch.

Post Posted: 03:44am - May 15,09 
Bet that was a good tug-o-war battle :wink: Nice

Salmon Unlimited Member
Salmon Unlimited Member

Post Posted: 04:06am - May 15,09 
Nice going- if you keep releasing those fish they just keep getting bigger- great fish. Thanks for the pic.
:D
Bruce

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:34am - May 15,09 
Very nice Bass vcellom!

Support Staff

Post Posted: 07:44am - May 15,09 
Nice bass! It looks like to 19-20 inch estimate is pretty close, but I would bet that fish is closer to the 4lb mark. A month ago she probable would have been close to 5. Nice job on the Catch, Photo, and Release! Not a bad pic solo on a camera, I'll bet that made your day. Congrats.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:17pm - May 15,09 
Nice bucketmouth!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 12:25pm - May 15,09 
Here a picture of my buddy with a 5+# bass he caught last weekend in Geneva.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:06pm - May 15,09 
Legend075 wrote:
Here a picture of my buddy with a 5+# bass he caught last weekend in Geneva.

@Legend075: Nice bass, also your friend is lucky to have someone talk his photo while holding the trophy catch :)

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 10:28pm - May 15,09 
great fish vcellom. THat geneva pic got my blood flowing. Gonna be there on monday

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 11:37am - May 16,09 
thanks for being a true sportsman,too many people would keep that magestic fish!!! now its back in the water doing what it should be doing. thrilling anglers!!!!!!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:10am - May 18,09 
Actually I am relativelly new to fishing. I knew regulations say that I can keep this size. but after the serious fun I had while catching it, it gave more reason to release it (as fast as I can) so I and other sport anglers can catch it / release it again and again

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:34am - May 18,09 
Learn how to use the self-timer on your camera if you haven't already done so. Often times, you can find a rock or some structure to set your camera on. Set the self-timer before removing the fish from the water, set the camera down, remove the fish from water and remove hook, and then take the picture. Sometimes you'll get a great picture and sometimes you won't, but at least you'll have yourself in the picture and have a better scale of comparison for the the fish. Both of those qualities will lead to a more memorable picture.

This is what I do and I have quite a few nice pictures from doing so. Just my opinion and something to maybe try out.

Regardless of the picture, great fish and congrats on the PR. The best part of this PR is going to be when you beat it.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 09:31pm - May 18,09 
nice fish!

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:26pm - May 19,09 
I'm glad to hear you released it too. I hate going fishing a seeing people keep bass. I don't eat fish, so wouldn't have any reason to keep any fish I catch. I have my honey holes and I like to keep um that way, so I ALWAYS release the fish I catch so I might be lucky enough to catch um again when they are bigger! Nice fish!! I have yet to catch a bass that big. I'm workin on it though.

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: