Author
Search for:
Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 08:59am - Mar 19,09 
Hello,

Can some of you experienced waders out there share some good access points on the Fox?

I'm not new to fishing the Fox or wading, but have limited spots that I've waded and know are safe. I usually fish alone and am fearful of taking an unwanted bath due to an unknown hole or channel in the river.

I'm definitely not asking anyone to divulge their favorite honey holes, but rather some safe access spots which one can start wading in a safe depth of water, then cover some water.

I generally fish the fox from Yorkville to St. Charles and prefer to wade to get away from shore and the crowd.

Thanks, Rob

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:33pm - Apr 1,09 
i am 68 years old i wade the fox in south elgin i start in park on west side of river i enter at the bridge just down stream from dam it is all park property park 20 feet from river has a retaining concrete part way with benches so you can shore fish or enter at end off wall at bridge a good place to fish feeling safe police station right there behind you a few deep holes along east shore real close to bank the middle and west shore normal depth 1to 2 ft i love this place great for little kids

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 03:38pm - Apr 1,09 
excellent, thank you

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 05:35pm - Apr 1,09 
I don't know the fox that well either, but I usually stick around near the dams. I normally fish the montgomery and yorkville area. If you need a wading partner pm me, I live in yorkville.

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 07:28pm - Apr 1,09 
this is big bob again i fish north aurora dam also
below dam is a park and police station they have an old tail race left from the old mill witch is long gone so the park is an island easy parking in park entry to river any were along shore i waded from the dam a good ways down stream i found no deep holes
from were you live this is alot closer to you Butterfield Rd. {route 56]crosses oooooooooooo
right over dam you enter park from rt.56 south elgin is 4or 5 miles north of st charles

Chitown-Angler

Post Posted: 06:46pm - Apr 3,09 
north aurora is a honey hole!!!!find the a and w fast food joint on the east side of route 31 pull down all the way to the back. theres a path there down to the river and great relaxing and access. wade all the way down stream to interstate 88 bridge!!! lots of smallies maybe a walleye or muskie too!!! walk the bike path back upsteam,try a different journey back downstream.

Board index » Rivers » Fox
Jump to: